Wiki Posts
Search

LAS - Adren Cars - talk to me!

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold 5*
I own an R34 Skyline....
So the American muscle has the appeal to me C63 AMG, now that's car!!! Although I wouldn't have as much fun in that as I would the Adren cars, it would be lovely to have 1!

I'll take a few snaps the best I can on Sunday and post what I see, just in case anyone else is looking at Adren cars which don't give the option to book online....
Old May 25, 2016, 5:34 pm

I missed the Stingray C7 they used to have in the fleet. Now only National and Avis that only have them.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:34 pm

Las Vegas has a ton of C63 AMG's right now which can be had for relatively cheap compared to reserving one online. As I reported out in another thread they just received their Shelby's, but as you mentioned, they are expensive. I think one would expect to pay north of $200 per day for one until the buzz wears off, but the manager I spoke with in Vegas said they only had 6 Shelby's available to them. The C63 won't sit on an auction block like a Shelby but it's a heck of a car with twin turbo's and a nasty V8.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Red Scorpion
Have you thought about trying to get a Merc-AMG C63? they had a few of those come on fleet in March/April.... you might have to pay a bit more, but if it is anything like as good as the old model, it will be a fun car to play with.
I was JUST going to suggest that.

The C63 is my favorite Vegas car from Hertz.

You can usually negotiate a good upgrade price.

Other cars rented in Vegas were 300's, Mercedes GLK, Mercedes C Class (both new and old one.)

Actually had a new C250 that I rented for the day, drove from Vegas to Orange County for a meeting, and back to Vegas.

Spending a ton of money on a Camaro, Mustang, etc... is pointless.

Just rent an intermediate or full size (if you do not have upgrade status).... then when you get there, negotiate the upgrade fee to a higher end car. It will be at least 50% off of what was online initially.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold 5*
hey all
I didn't take a photo of what was available in the garage last week, purely because when we got there, there wasn't many nicer cars, just your normal cars......
They had a Shelby Mustang in the main desk area as a show car, and 1 Shelby in the garage as a display car....
1 camero SS in stock, and 1 Mustang 5.0 , all others were normal, and saw a few of the high end Merc's, etc......
Saw no challengers, or Corvettes
Quite a few porsches, the Cayman and 2 of the 911.......

The Gold desk wanted $350 per day upgrade fee for the Shelby....... she would not budge on the cost...
However...... We left in the white Porsche 911 Carrera, total cost for 1 day, full insurance, unlimited miles, $161.99 !!
and no massive hold on the credit card, just AUTH'd for $161.99 , we did 140 miles in it, used half a tank of gas, and cost like $16 to refill!!! Amazing!
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
I got there on Saturday morning (6/11) as planned, and there was a yellow 2015 Camaro SS convertible reserved for me, as I booked. We put 2500 miles on it that week... the new-gen (2016) would have been nice, but it was still great fun!

They had a Shelby Mustang and an AMG Mercedes (CLA or GLA - I only saw the front) at the desk, but I didn't bother asking about them since I wanted the Camaro.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Was told that the vettes are no longer at this location. Been a while since I saw one here too.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:07 am

Cool

So I've gone and bought my own 2013 Camaro 2SS Hardtop here in the UK, and still have a convertible SS booked for our September Road Trip.

Do LAS have any Morris Minors...............?

Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Red Scorpion
Have you thought about trying to get a Merc-AMG C63? they had a few of those come on fleet in March/April.... you might have to pay a bit more, but if it is anything like as good as the old model, it will be a fun car to play with.
Now that you mention it I have a C300 rental coming up in Vegas this Wed, I'm going to see if I can get one of those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.