Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could HTZ sold to foreign investors?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Could HTZ sold to foreign investors?

It is becoming very common. Chinese investors are looking for assets in the US. They made an offer for Starwood (HOT), could they make an offer to HTZ?
It seems:

1. HTZ valuation went down due to mismanagement and restatement of their finances. It seems the cheapest at this moment.
2. HTZ is famous for international marketing. I have known a Chinese businessman who knew Hertz in 90s while no other US rental company in China. I ask them why you know Hertz, he told me: Because when I applied for credit card in 90s in China, Hertz ads always there..He says Chinese travellers prefer Avis & Hertz rather than Enterprise.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP,LFP~3 MM; MarriottRewards, LFP; Avis 1st; Hertz Gold
Something similar happened on ST:TNG
Old Mar 27, 2016, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by XHGZ
It is becoming very common. Chinese investors are looking for assets in the US. They made an offer for Starwood (HOT), could they make an offer to HTZ?
Perhaps someone could, but most Chinese investors are looking for places to park their money, and I'm not sure how a car rental company compares with real estate (which would have part of the Starwood deal, and perhaps -- even though not officially stated as such -- real estate was the only part of Starwood that the Chinese company really wanted, perhaps intending to later sell off the other parts of Starwood such as the SPG program).

Also, the Chinese investors didn't just make an offer for Starwood out of the blue. Starwood had officially put itself up for sale. (It had a potential buyer in Marriott, but the point is before either Marriott or the Chinese made an offer, Starwood had announced that it wanted to sell itself.) But Hertz hasn't made any such statement, have they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.