Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Adrenaline Collection Shrinking?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
Originally Posted by StuartUK
(not that I would do more than 300 miles in 3 days anyway!)
You can easily do more than 300 miles with adrenaline car) Just hit the route 90 north - very little traffic, great scenery.
I strongly recommend a trip for a night at lake Tahoe, provided you manage to get a nice car. One option is to do a circle (returning via California and Rt. 168 to Rt 90)
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by StuartUK
My plan is to hire an Intermed' with Hertz Gold for the 3 days (June 9th), and then do some chatting with the Gold desk to get the best upgrade price for any car in the Adren range...
And yes, I heard about the Shelby Mustangs, will be interesting if they do have availability and the upgrade cost.

CJD - As I book with Hertz UK, it comes with full insurance, no excess, etc, unlim miles (not that I would do more than 300 miles in 3 days anyway!)
Just hoping theres some nice Adren cars available, and Hertz don't have a complete tool on the Gold desk ! Max $40 upgrade per day I say! Still want the V8 Challenger mind!
Yep, I book through Hertz UK as well (and I'm Australian), to get the included insurances and unlimited miles.Above direct quote was through hertz.co.uk.
Definitely interested to hear on the upgrade cost, once they are on the ground. The pre-release pricing seems a bit exorbitant
I actually had one of the 2006 Shelby Mustang GT-H convertibles for a month on my honeymoon.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:58 am

Unhappy Camaro SS booked...

Hi - We've hired several times through the Hertz adrenaline collection, and twice not got the car we reserved (in spite of the 'reserve this exact model' banners).

Husband has booked a Camaro before and been unsuccessful, so for our forthcoming trip to Vegas and Utah we booked a Camaro again in Feb / March.

I emailed them yesterday, after reading a few things online, and the manager has replied saying that they have very few Camaros left, they've sold many back to GM, and admitted they may not be able to honour the booking

I would have thought they were popular, so it seems a bit strange, but we'll see what we get on the day (fortnight away, eek!!). They did say that they would monitor our booking to try to ensure there is one. I wonder what alternative they will offer, we've had mustangs, chargers and challengers before. (first world problems)

I think hubby is hoping for a Shelby but I think it costs $5k for a fortnight!!!!
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Wink

Originally Posted by bugbog
Hi - We've hired several times through the Hertz adrenaline collection, and twice not got the car we reserved (in spite of the 'reserve this exact model' banners).

Husband has booked a Camaro before and been unsuccessful, so for our forthcoming trip to Vegas and Utah we booked a Camaro again in Feb / March.

I emailed them yesterday, after reading a few things online, and the manager has replied saying that they have very few Camaros left, they've sold many back to GM, and admitted they may not be able to honour the booking

I would have thought they were popular, so it seems a bit strange, but we'll see what we get on the day (fortnight away, eek!!). They did say that they would monitor our booking to try to ensure there is one. I wonder what alternative they will offer, we've had mustangs, chargers and challengers before. (first world problems)

I think hubby is hoping for a Shelby but I think it costs $5k for a fortnight!!!!
We will be flying into LAS in 6 days time, our booking still shows the Camaro SS that we booked back in Feb/March, but when trying to book anything from the Adrenaline collection today only the Shelby shows and that says 'sold out'.
Still, as I now own a Camaro SS here in the UK now, I might just downgrade to a Neeesan
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
Rumour has it that Hertz and GM failed to agree a deal for cars in 2016. Whether that is true or not, I don't know, but I can tell you that there are few GM cars on fleet at least in the Pacific South West at present. And most of the ones that they do have are getting towards the end of their fleet life. The most numerous are the Tahoe/Suburban models, but even these are not that common, as there are now lots of Expeditions and Sequoias as well.

There are NO Cadillacs at all, I was told.

The few Camaros that are left are 2015 models, as they are all Convertibles.

As to the rest of what was the Adrenaline Collection - yes, it is all but gone. There were some Mustang GTs, but at present they only seem to have the Shelby ones (140 across America). No Hemi-engined Challengers, and the Corvettes disappeared a while ago.

There are plenty of AMG CLA45 (yuk!) and C63 - probably the same price for both, so if you want a fun car and cannot stretch to a 911 (there are no Boxsters or Caymans either at present owing to the model change to the 4 cylinder cars), then that would be my recommendation for something special.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:50 pm

I was at DFW 2 weeks ago and they were pushing Shelby Mustangs pretty hard. Said they didn't have any Camaros on the lot. I went with a 2016 Mercedes CLS.

The last Camaro SS I picked up at Hertz SMF I'm pretty sure had been filled up with 87. It was a total dog and even stalled out on me once when I dropped the hammer. It really felt like the timing was being retarded (just like my rental experience!).
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

So, arrived at LAS today, no name on board, and no sign of my booked Camaro SS convertible.

Guy at the desk said all the Camaros had gone back to GM, and all he had was a Mustang GT. They did have a Shelby if I wanted it, sure I replied, as long as its the same price as my booking.

So here we are in the GT for 2 weeks, not liking it much after the first 100 miles
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by John D Myers
So, arrived at LAS today, no name on board, and no sign of my booked Camaro SS convertible.

Guy at the desk said all the Camaros had gone back to GM, and all he had was a Mustang GT. They did have a Shelby if I wanted it, sure I replied, as long as its the same price as my booking.

So here we are in the GT for 2 weeks, not liking it much after the first 100 miles
That's because it's a Mustang GT with a catback exhaust and some stickers.

It would seem hertz is thinning the models across the board. It makes sense as they can buy/lease more of the same product. Better pricing. Have 5, 10 or more different 'adrenaline' cars that are all pretty much the same just costs more money.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Red Scorpion
Rumour has it that Hertz and GM failed to agree a deal for cars in 2016. Whether that is true or not, I don't know, but I can tell you that there are few GM cars on fleet at least in the Pacific South West at present.
I've seen no evidence of what you describe. There are tons of new body style Chevrolet Impalas all over the fleet. Have also seen brand new Cruzes and Malibus at various Hertz stations.

There are NO Cadillacs at all, I was told.
No real surprise there. GM sems to be turning the Cadillac brand around and getting pretty favorable press and reviews for new Cadillacs.

Why would Hertz spend money on nice Cadillacs when they can cheap out, buy piece of scheiss Chrysler 300s, and call those "luxury" cars???

So, bottom line, while GM may not want to sell nice Cadillacs to Hertz at prices competitive with junk, decidedly not luxury Chrysler 300s, all evidence suggests that GM is quite happy to sell scores of ordinary Chevys to Hertz at prices that work for both parties.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Just to help some people who need infos, i just came back from California and i can confirm that many hertz spots in LA have no more adrenaline collection, so i think it's the same thing in all hertz US rental car.

Adrenaline fleet was reduced since 2015, at this time i have rented a corvette U6 convertible (confirmed online couple of months ago) and they gave me a SS camaro convertible at LAX (not a good deal).

In september 2016 have rented a camaro SS at LAX marriott with exact model booked online, they didn't have this model (and try to give me a mustang instead lol).

So be aware if hertz online show you adrenaline collection like corvette or camaro ss available, you must don't book it because all this models are sold and that have been confirmed by employees.

The only adrenaline car available i have seen is the last mustang shelby GT 2016.

Avis or sixt have better fleet for the moment.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by redman360
Hi everyone,

Just to help some people who need infos, i just came back from California and i can confirm that many hertz spots in LA have no more adrenaline collection, so i think it's the same thing in all hertz US rental car.

Adrenaline fleet was reduced since 2015, at this time i have rented a corvette U6 convertible (confirmed online couple of months ago) and they gave me a SS camaro convertible at LAX (not a good deal).

In september 2016 have rented a camaro SS at LAX marriott with exact model booked online, they didn't have this model (and try to give me a mustang instead lol).

So be aware if hertz online show you adrenaline collection like corvette or camaro ss available, you must don't book it because all this models are sold and that have been confirmed by employees.

The only adrenaline car available i have seen is the last mustang shelby GT 2016.

Avis or sixt have better fleet for the moment.
Thanks for the info. I have only seen Shelby GT in SNA in the last few months, no vette or camaro.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Well the Mustang GT we were given in place of our 'reserve this model' Camaro SS was junk. All sorts of electronic problems, and the air con belt snapped in the middle of LA at rush hour. Had to swap it out at Palm Springs, no adrenaline cars available there, but got a brand new Camaro convertible V6 8 speed auto with 300 miles on it. Better than the GT, and when we had a whine when returning to LAS we got $400 reduction in the cost, and we actually got two tanks of fuel for the price of one.

However, this is the second year we never got the car reserved from the Adrenaline collection at much higher cost than a regular vehicle, so going back to Avis next year. Mind you I'm lucky as I now own a Camaro SS here in the UK..^
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: National EE
Hertz just added the Corvette convertible back into the reservation system (U6) Corvette Convertible (Group U6) PTAR.

Can anyone confirm that Hertz actually has them in the fleet again or has anyone seen one at any of the airport locations (ie. LAX, SFO, LAS, MIA, etc.)? During the Adrenaline shortage over the past few years I've run into a situation where they haven't been able to honor a reservation for one.

As reported in another thread here there have been reports of 2017 Camaro SS convertibles at various locations since about November 2016.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: Gold 5*
I'll be in LAS again end of May....
Booking the lowest for a 2 day hire (Intermediate), and then doing the upgrade to anything in the Adren section (at no more than $40 a day!)
Will post back in 3 months.....
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by turbov6
Hertz just added the Corvette convertible back into the reservation system (U6) Corvette Convertible (Group U6) PTAR.

Can anyone confirm that Hertz actually has them in the fleet again or has anyone seen one at any of the airport locations (ie. LAX, SFO, LAS, MIA, etc.)? During the Adrenaline shortage over the past few years I've run into a situation where they haven't been able to honor a reservation for one.

As reported in another thread here there have been reports of 2017 Camaro SS convertibles at various locations since about November 2016.
Stingray CVTs are currently available in the SFO area. I saw a brand new red one last week. I also saw a purple Challenger R/T (V8) when I was there a few weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.