Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where have all the fun cars gone..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Where have all the fun cars gone..

New poster here, but long time Hertz renter, across Europe and twice a year for vacation at Miami / RSW. I've noticed when trying to book for Feb2016 there appear to be far less 'fun' cars available. The best I can find is a mustang GT or a Camero SS, I'll survive without a Penske Mustang but have they really got rid of the Stingrays??
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
Originally Posted by liamrugby
New poster here, but long time Hertz renter, across Europe and twice a year for vacation at Miami / RSW. I've noticed when trying to book for Feb2016 there appear to be far less 'fun' cars available. The best I can find is a mustang GT or a Camero SS, I'll survive without a Penske Mustang but have they really got rid of the Stingrays??
I booked a Stingrays this Feb for 4 days at FLL in Oct. I was told all Stingrays were pulled out from the fleet(same report from Lax, no reason given). They rebook me into a mustang V6....
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Yep, they appear to have got rid of them..

I was at FLL in Feb this year and they had the Merc SLS Black edition... I'm still annoyed i didn't rent it but the $1k a day kind of put me off...
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The Hertz at CMH had a Suburban as an option in the Prestige Collection
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Do they not still have the Dream Cars collection (Porsches, Mercedes AMG's, and Range Rovers)? I've got a weeklong vacation in Vegas next summer, and they're listed but all show as sold out, which I find a little hard to believe 8 months in advance...

Ended up booking a Camaro SS Convertible for a really good price. They do still have those, don't they?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by strickerj
Do they not still have the Dream Cars collection (Porsches, Mercedes AMG's, and Range Rovers)? I've got a weeklong vacation in Vegas next summer, and they're listed but all show as sold out, which I find a little hard to believe 8 months in advance...

Ended up booking a Camaro SS Convertible for a really good price. They do still have those, don't they?
That is weird. I was amused to note that the cheapest cars for rent next June in Vegas on a weekly rental are convertibles (the Camaro SS is cheaper than a midsize!). Temps that high make for less appealing top down driving...
Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
That is weird. I was amused to note that the cheapest cars for rent next June in Vegas on a weekly rental are convertibles (the Camaro SS is cheaper than a midsize!). Temps that high make for less appealing top down driving...
Indeed, and they show unlimited mileage (at least for the Delta and Alaska CPB's), which the Adrenaline Collection used to not. I've made a backup reservation with National just in case Hertz tells me this was a "mistake" rate. (National's convertibles were cheaper than their Aisle Choice standard rate too.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.