Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spain Fleet list

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Spain Fleet list

Hello, which car might i get if i book a group D or F in Madrid Airport?

I booked 2 years ago a group F (Opel Insignia like) while i got a Skoda Octavia ( the car is OK but i think it is a lower group).

Spain Madrid office does not answer the emails nor the phone, so that is why i am asking my questions here.

Thanks, Pascal
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:52 am

I have the same question for a Group W, ISMR at MAD. Billed as a BMW 1 series or similar, but don't trust it. Any experiences?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Hello, just got back from my trip to Madrid.
The car in group F i got was a Skoda Octavia with 50000kms on the clock.
Quite a few scratches on the car (which was a plus for me, as when you give back the car the Hertz clerk is much more flexible with new scratches ).
The car ran smoothly and was perfect for 1500kms with 5 persons inside.

Regards, Pascal
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by platboy
I have the same question for a Group W, ISMR at MAD. Billed as a BMW 1 series or similar, but don't trust it. Any experiences?
@platboy What'd you end up getting?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
any experiences at VLC Valencia airport location? Booked Compact e.g. Seat Leon.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
Was in Barcelona for the weekend, so took a good look around to see what they have on fleet there currently.

I'd booked a Group C, and as a PC member (or because of availability?) was upgraded to a D -and offered a choice of: Ford C-Max, Opel Zafira or Peugeot 5008. I took the last of these - it was a 7 seater, registered at the end of Dec, though one of the now superceded models (that means you get one with a proper sized steering wheel!).

They were light on cars at the bottom of the range and I could not reconcile them with what you see on the website necessarily.

Group C: they had an old shape Megane and a few Alfa Giulietta and several Skoda Rapid Spacebacks
Group F: Hyundai i40 and Opel Insignia
Group W: a couple of BMW 1 series. There were also lots of Audi A3 3 door models which I would guess are in this category.

Plenty of Opel Adams here. Don't know, but I would guess that if you book a Mini, you will get one of these currently.

there were plenty of Opel Mokka X and a few older Mokkas - so for the class that offers these are a MINI Countryman, expect the Opel at present.

Cars in a Group by themselves that I saw evidence of were the Fiat 500C, a lone Opel Cascada, a Mercedes S Class and the Ssangyong Turismo.

There were several Jeep Renegades - am guessing these were the small SUV, and there was one SEAT Leon ST. Also quite a few Volvo XC90s
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Any special treatment for Platinum in Spain? (AGP)

Never know what to expect in Europe
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:56 pm

Reserved Group M (Mercedes CLA Shooting Brake or similar) at Hertz SVQ.

Showed up and was told that the only cars available were a Skoda Octavia, Peugeot 3008, or Toyota C-HR Hybrid... Took the brand new Peugeot (Group D1) as I was in a rush to make my restaurant reservation in Cordoba.

On return, the only cars in my original reserved class or better looked to be an Audi A4 Avant and a Mercedes convertible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.