Wiki Posts
Search

Voluntary downgrade possible?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Voluntary downgrade possible?

I am a Hertz Gold Plus member and booked a standard car at a great rate. What I didn't realize until today is that it is usually a 2 door car from the wiki fleet list. I will need a 4 door. Currently, all classes of cars are more than my original rate. If I am assigned a 2 door, can I voluntarily downgrade to a 4 door intermediate without paying an additional fee? Thanks.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:49 pm

You're pretty likely to be assigned an F class car, as Hertz don't own very many of the D class. But, if they do offer you one, take a four door from gold choice, or talk to the desk about getting something else.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
The answer above pretty much nails it; the only thing I would add is - where are you renting? If you're at a big airport location, especially one with Gold Choice, your voluntary 'downgrade' is unlikely to be an issue at all. In fact, you might be able to upgrade yourself into a nicer F car free of charge.

In a smaller HLE, you would be unlucky to get a two-door standard car (Mustang coupe, or one of the rare Altima coupes would be most likely). You're more likely to get an F car anyway, but I know that Avengers, Galants and the like used to roll in D. I think that an Avenger is now F, and the Galants are gone. If, however, you don't get anything suitable, exchanging at the HLE might be a lot harder, simply because they may not have the stock available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.