Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Impala - "It's not an F Car"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by pr0digy25
On a related note has the Impala's smaller brother, the Malibu gotten any physically "bigger"? That used to be classed as Mid-Size at Hertz and now it's a "Full-Size".
yes

Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:51 pm

And the next refurbishment of the Malibu is going to be bigger than the current one.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by HoratioXXXXblower
The new Malibu doesn't come out until this fall...and it certainly is not going to look like that. http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...-win/25353121/
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:10 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CalItalian
The new Malibu doesn't come out until this fall...and it certainly is not going to look like that. http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...-win/25353121/
New Malibu will be a luxury for sure!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold, JetBlue TrueBlue, Southwest Rapid Rewards
The previous generation Impalas are living on as the "Impala Limited" - a fleet-only model. I've actually seen them on my local dealer's lot with stickers on the window that say "Fleet edition", and they're brand new, complete with plastic wrap everywhere.

When I was picking up a car at LAX in October 2013 (after the new Impalas had been out a couple months) the agent told me they have an Impala and I asked "Is it the newest version?" and she said "yes it's brand new" but it was the previous body style- that was a let-down. It appears that Hertz has been classifying the latest Impalas as premium cars (G). But it's not just Hertz- I walked by a 2015 Impala with Enterprise tags in my work parking lot and it was also tagged as "PCAR".
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
Agent said had a 2016 Impala with less then 100 miles get to car... old style
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:19 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
My F reservation at LAX last weekend showed an Impala parked in the 600s; I gave them the benefit of doubt that it would at least be a new style but no such luck; it was an Impala Classic in the most basic, taxi-level trim. Needless to say, I left that dog where it lay.

I did see a sweet-looking new Impala LTZ when I was returning yesterday; I would have been happy with that.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Picked up a 2013 Chevy Impala from BDL today

I went to my assigned spot and in it was sitting an Impala of the body style prior to the current one. I thought this is kind of weird, I remember renting these a lot a few years ago. So I looked it up on cars.com and sure enough the last time they used this body style was for MY 2013.

But, the key says it's a 2016. So does the registration. The VIN on the registration matches the VIN under the windshield. I entered it into Carfax and it also says 2016.

It only has 18k miles though. I say only because it's not uncommon at BDL for actual 2016's to be pushing 20k miles.

Has anyone had something similar happen? I doubt they're doing anything malicious, but how does this even happen? My only complaint, other than the monochrome radio display, is the lack of a remote lock/unlock button so I have to use the actual key to unlock the door. First world problems...as long as they don't accuse me of losing it.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
From Wikipedia:

When the current tenth generation of the Impala was introduced for the 2014 model year, the ninth generation was rebadged as the Impala Limited and sold only to fleet customers through 2016.
Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Ha, very interesting. I didn't think to check Wiki. Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:09 pm

Hertz bought a bunch of these (SDF area alone got 25) a few (6 or so) months back. No one likes them at all. But, "you got a brand new Impala" has a certain ring to it.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Ummmwhat
Hertz bought a bunch of these (SDF area alone got 25) a few (6 or so) months back. No one likes them at all. But, "you got a brand new Impala" has a certain ring to it.
Probably got some of the last batch - production of the "Impala Limited" shut down middle of last year.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:32 am

A few weeks ago, 2 Texas congressmen took a bipartisan road trip from SAT to DCA when their flights got cancelled after an East Coast snowstorm. They rented from Hertz partner Dollar, and got a seemingly relatively new old style grey Impala.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
Be aware that Chevrolet did the same thing with the Malibu, so you will find 2016 MY cars of the latest new shape and the older one (tagged Malibu Limited) on fleet.

Nissan did this with the Rogue when they changed the model over, but I think all the Rogue Select (their name for the old shape cars) have now finally gone from the fleet.

It is not uncommon for a rental company to buy end of production models, generally at a big discount.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but I had a (big) issue with Hertz regarding my rental.
I rented a G (new Impala) for 8 days from JFK.
The lady at the counter was nice, it looked like we were having a nice experience with a car rental for the first time, and then...guess what...
Out of nowhere came our freshly-washed Impala. But guess what: it was a 2016 Impala LIMITED (that undercover cop car)...
Are they still renting those cars, three years after their succesor was launched? We basically got fooled by getting an F for G money, really disappointed with Hertz...
(oh, and its rear suspension creaked really hard, too, not to mention the cloth seats from the 80s)
Does it happen in all big Hertz locations regularily? I'll try Enterprise next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.