Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has a Hertz employee given you a ride back to the terminal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has a Hertz employee given you a ride back to the terminal?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2014, 9:27 am

I'm been offered it a few times at PHL probably as far back as 2009 or 2010. I've only taken it 1 time as at PHL, it was always easier to just walk. Those times and 1 time the manager drove me to the offsite lots to find my sunglasses was the only good experiences I had at that location.

Its not like they are really doing anything extra on their part. They already have someone to take the car to the lot to be cleaned, gassed, etc. So they just have them drop you off on the way.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Have been offered 3-4 times each at DFW (huge bonus) and DCA (not as important but still nice) over the past two years. I don't think it's been on account of being President's Circle, it's just been when the station hasn't been busy.

I've also asked a few times at both DFW and DCA, but only when it has been quiet and when there's been a reason (it was raining, cold, etc.) and I've always been told yes.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:39 pm

I've gotten it a couple of times at MCI this year, both were mid afternoon.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I've been driven to the terminal in MCO twice - both times it was a late morning return.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
I have gratefully accepted a ride to the terminal every time I was offered it with Hertz. It really helps and I make sure to tip generously.

I've had the offer on all my trips to the US at every destination except no offer at SFO on a Sunday afternoon recently - no service staff, lines of cars being dropped everywhere, staff barely coping at checking the cars back in so of course there was no one free to make the offer !
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Have this twice- once in PHL and once in SEA. Both times were very helpful as I had *a lot of stuff*
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm Platinum and it is indeed a listed benefit at many airports in the US and Europe. I've only used it at LAX and AMS though.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: FB Gold/ AMEX Gold/ Hertz Five Star
Happened to me for the first time last month in SFO... I must say the ride was very convenient. I heard this is mandatory for every dream car rental, it's been the first time for me though...
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:22 am

Happened to me couple of weeks ago at FLL. I'm 5* PC.

However it was very quiet, pretty much the only customer there, and I took it to be a personal offer from the guy that was there, either for a tip or simple friendliness. He said we wanted to stretch his legs out, was very friendly.

We had about 4 large bags and more, we were very happy to accept his offer.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I had this happen yesterday in SAN. I was alone and dropped off a C250, which was a 5 day rental and expensive owing to the season. They dropped me off in downtown at my hotel. Unsolicited, but much appreciated. ^
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Is it customary to tip on this service? It seems to solicit this but am not sure what is standard.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:21 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Over the years I've had three experiences at LAX where I was offered a ride to the terminal, and once to my local hotel.

Last night at SNA the agent checking my car in offered me a ride to the terminal. Aside from the fact I can use the exercise, I figured it would take as long for the trip around the loop as it would to walk to the terminal.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Is it customary to tip on this service? It seems to solicit this but am not sure what is standard.
I usually tip $5.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:16 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
A couple of weeks ago, I was returning a C250 to San Diego, for which I paid for the upgrade and when the return agent saw my bill, he offered a direct return to our hotel in downtown SD. ^^
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
In Baltimore (BWI) they offer this complimentary to USAA members. During my ride they also picked up another customer who wasn't USAA (they had room so why not)? I didn't know about the service - they told me about it at the exit gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.