Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SMF (Sacramento); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at SMF (Sacramento); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:14 pm

3/22/2024 9:00pm - Friday night with a big snow storm coming in to Tahoe.

I needed an AWD SUV/Crossover with good tires to get through chain controls. I had a reservation at Alamo for a Nissan Rogue, and then realized it probably wasn't going to be AWD because they have a separate category for AWD SUVs. So I made another reservation at Hertz for a standard car to use the President's Club Ultimate Choice.

President's Club had a ton of crossovers, including many Rogues, Ford Edges, Toyota RAV 4s, Ford Escapes, and Chevy Traverses. Most were AWD, but not all. I took at AWD Edge SEL, and it had a large screen with Android Auto and working Sirius XM. It was a great car for the week, the only thing I didn't like about it was that you can't put it in lower gear. When driving in the mountains, this means you are the guy who is on and off the brakes all the way down the long downhill stretches.
Old May 18, 2024, 3:49 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Returned my (one-way) car today at SMF Saturday afternoon. These were the cars at the PC lot

Not too shabby especially with Volvo and an Audi available
Cheers!
xienon likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.