Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Hertz Customer service really this bad?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Is Hertz Customer service really this bad?

I rent cars on a near weekly basis for a day or sometimes a week. I often use Avis and enterprise but recently started using Hertz because of the location convenience (2 blocks from home)

I made 3 rentals the past month
1 walkup to rental location
1 over the internet
1 via phone to Customer service.

Each time I have requested to have my rewards paid in Marriott points and not in Hertz points.

Each time they have not done it and awarded me Hertz rewards.

Frustrated I have emailed them and gotten no where, either they do nothing or they fail to respond at all.

After the latest incident I sent a sternly worded email and ask that it immediately be forwarded to a supervisor. That was 4 days ago and no response.

Is Hertz always this bad??

Are others having issues with their CS?
Old May 23, 2014, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I'd say no, your experiences are a fluke -- it could certainly just be poor service at one particular location.

-J.
Old May 23, 2014, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I'd say no, your experiences are a fluke -- it could certainly just be poor service at one particular location.

-J.
Thanks for the response. The folks at this location are great. The lack of response actually comes from their corporate "Contact us" email.

EDIT: update- after multiple emails it seems they have finally responded and corrected the account. Hopefully going forward I don't have any more issues.

Last edited by Trinob; May 23, 2014 at 6:00 am
Old May 23, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Yes, they are bad.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:11 am

I have received virtually no customer service response from their contact us system and less than ideal by calling. I would say your experience is about the norm.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:27 am
trq

I used to rent a Wrangler at KOA but there is a Wrangler safety recall, so I was given a Jeep liberty (? I think so). Then I contacted with online Hertz CS saying they should refund me some money since Wrangler is much more expensive than Liberty and I was not told there is a Wrangler safety recall before arriving KOA. I got feedback a couple of weeks later and they refund me $50.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, DL Silver Medallion, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Trinob
The folks at this location are great.
If they were so great, they'd make sure your MR # was on your rental when they print your contract, especially knowing you as a repeat customer with the same request each time
Old May 25, 2014, 6:50 am

Was it at a NYC location?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.