Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Will Hertz Accept an Alternative Credit Card ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

I have used a MasterCard credit card to pay for a pre-paid Hertz rental for Italy in July.
One of the reservation conditions states that :-
'When you collect your vehicle you will need the credit card you used to make your booking'.
Since making this booking I have realised that my card issuer will soon be issuing new Visa credit cards to replace their Mastercards.
Has anyone had any experience of Hertz accepting an alternative credit card for security purposes at the desk or should I cancel the reservation while I am still able to do so?

Thanks for any advice

SG
Old May 7, 2014, 6:04 am

I have kind of the same issue. I have credit card details on my Gold Account but i do not want to use the that credit card when i pay for my booking at the location. But on my booking it says "Dont forget to bring the same credit card used when making your reservation"
Old May 7, 2014, 11:04 am
Original Poster

I have sent an email to Hertz regarding this issue and will post their response when it arrives.
Old May 10, 2014, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Hertz advised me to cancel my reservation and re-book with a different credit card.
I have now cancelled with Hertz and made a new reservation with Avis, does not seem like good business sense to me !

SB
Old May 12, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: Hertz Gold PC,Virgin Atlantic Silver,SAS Eurobonus Silver
I had this issue, the car was prepaid and my card was replaced by a new one. I just took the original card and the new card that I had entered on the system and everything was fine.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:54 pm

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have a similar question and I'm looking for recent experiences....Looking to pre-pay a hertz rental with a company card (NOT in my name), but then at the rental counter use my card to pay remaining taxes/fees, etc. Is this possible?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have a similar question and I'm looking for recent experiences....Looking to pre-pay a hertz rental with a company card (NOT in my name), but then at the rental counter use my card to pay remaining taxes/fees, etc. Is this possible?
I don't have experience with this issue, but let's try to apply some logic. I think what they are interested in is trying to avoid fraud. If you have switched cards, and bring some evidence of that, it should be ok. In your case, if you bring some evidence that you are an authorized user of the company card, that should be ok as well. But if you are concerned about this, I would suggest doing as the OP did and contacting the company to be sure this is ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.