Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at TPA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at TPA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: Hertz President Circle, National Executive Elite.
Originally Posted by NWA777
We're renting a Hertz Car in a couple of weeks in TPA. I've heard it's confusing to find the car drop off location at TPA. Can anyone advise
Both sides of the airport have the same return lot located on the blue side.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Rented a F Class on Dec 10th, got a KIA Optima FE 2018 with 4k miles, not a bad car, nice ride and Sirius active
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Follow the signs, be prepared for a sharp left.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hertz President Circle, National Executive Elite.
Exclamation Hertz UC at Tampa international

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone got a chance to take a look at TPA's Ultimate choice, I have the choice to choose between TPA and MCO but i really don't want to get to Tampa only to be disappointed.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 21, 2018 at 3:21 pm Reason: Moved into existing thread
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:30 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Rental_Guy
Hello there, I was wondering if anyone got a chance to take a look at TPA's Ultimate choice, I have the choice to choose between TPA and MCO but i really don't want to get to Tampa only to be disappointed.
It's always a crapshoot. I've had UC rentals at about 10 different locations so far including TPA and MCO. I can't honestly say that one was better than the other out of those two. I'd choose whichever location is more convenient. At Orlando it's nice since the cars are located at the terminal (no shuttle bus required). At TPA, they literally just opened a brand new rental center but you need to take the SkyTrain to get there if you're flying in. Then again, if you're a local renter, it may not matter all that much.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Any new revelations on TPA Ultimate Choice?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
Any new revelations on TPA Ultimate Choice?
I rented a car on Saturday and returned it this morning at the new, consolidated rental center.

Hertz is on the second floor; if you take the escalator down from the SkyTrain level, make sure you get on the right one; there's an "express" escalator that goes all the way down to the ground level.

I arrived around 11 am and the two lanes of PC were pretty full of Fullsize (Camry, Altima, Malibu), Premium (Impala V6, 300, Maxima), and Midsize SUV (Chevy Equinox, Jeep Cherokee, Nissan Rogue). I also saw a lone Infiniti Q50 that I considered taking. Instead, I found a 2018 Chevy Camaro at the end of a row. It was fire engine red, and was the base 1LT coupe with the turbo I4 engine and coded as a D Standard car. It had Florida plates with 16,000 miles on the odometer and a bit of a rough idle, but ran pretty good on the highway (I got 30 mpg cruising at 85 mph).

When I returned it this morning about 10 am, it was the same mix of sedans and SUV, so that seems to be what they stock there.

The Premium Upgrades were all Infiniti Q50s.

Gammur and Joonydell like this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 17, 2018 at 5:10 pm
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Was at TPA yesterday 12/21 around noon. Hertz wanted stupid money for a 1 day, 1 way (Like $500) they really wanted those cars to stay in TPA. They were filled with cars, even had extras in some of the return lanes for the holiday rush. Walked by on the way to National and saw...

Gold:
Sea of Corollas and Cruz mostly with some sonata, optima, and Altimas

5*:
Also lots of Cruz and Corolla, Camrys, Altima, Fusion. Saw a few Impalas and even a Infiniti Q50 that looks like it might have been placed by mistake.

PC:
Lots of nice cars. Tons of Impalas (LT and Premier), Malibus, and 300s. Probably 7 Cadillac XTS, lone Hemi Challenger that was being driven off, and an M37 Infiniti (or whatever it is now called)

Premium Upgrades were 3 or 4 XTS, 3 Q50s, and the small Infiniti that is made out of a Mercedes GLA

Saw several Z06's sitting around too not sure if reserved or not.
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.

Last edited by bmw745ion19s; Dec 22, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I rented a car from TPA last weekend, 12/23. Being directed to the PC area, I'm pretty sure that same red Camero was in the same spot otherwise was full of 300s and Impalas, along with 1 lone Jeep Wrangler. I grabbed a bright blue 300S from the lineup.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:46 am

Has anyone seen the Lincoln Continental at TPA?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:00 am

There was a pretty decent selection at TPA in the middle of the day the other day. PC had a Suburban and a Tahoe, several Pacificas, a cloth interior Dodge Challenger R/T, and a bunch of the usual SUVs. Hardly any sedans. I didn't get a good look at Five Star or Gold but they looked similar. Upgrades were mostly Infinitis.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
president's circle at TPA

reserved: intermediate SUV
ultimate choice'd to: infiniti Q60 sedan (i REALLY liked the Q60 coupe that i rented previously; the sedan wasn't as fun).
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
another datapoint

TPA president's circle 3/26: multiple chargers, a camaro, jeep cherokee were notable.
i ended up grabbing a ford expedition XLT that had 247 miles on it.

3/28: subaru wagon, kia and dodge minivans, chevy malibu, jeep cherokee, one charger. no camaro. the infiniti coupe was there, but as a premium upgrade - which is disappointing since i've grabbed that from president's circle previously. the selection was a lot better on 3/26.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Hertz PC, Hyatt Colleague, Avis Preferred/Budget FB, National Exeuctive
Random datapoints for mid-September

Gold had minivans, a few Jeep Cherokee Trackhawk models and your standard bland mix (Elantra, Sonata, Camry, Corolla, etc). Every now and then, a ProMaster 2500 will show up and will sit there for days. I recall at one point seeing it there for 4 or 5 days straight (I work next to the airport and drive by almost daily). Tampa has recently gotten on a CH-R kick too.
Five Star was filled with variety including a Ford Taurus Limited, a few Equinox Premier 2.0T models, and tons of new Hyundai Velosoters. Half a dozen 300C cars too.
PC have 5 or 6 Suburbans, a bunch of Caravans and some 2020 Sorrentos.
Economy and Compact rows were filled loaded with Minivans too (look closely in back of picture). Noticed an abundance of black Mustang 5.0s convertibles, Mitsubishi SUVs and Encores too.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this as I usually rent/drive by frequently.

Last edited by isiegel3; Sep 13, 2019 at 5:06 pm Reason: Added photos
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by isiegel3
Half a dozen 300C cars too.
Funny I called twice yesterday to try and get a swap on my 300S which has suspension issues (worn swaybar bushings).... they told me they only had a couple and really high mileage ones.

Going to have to drop by and get this sorted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.