FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Triple Points Promotion - Feb 1 through April 15, 2014 - registration required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1546625-triple-points-promotion-feb-1-through-april-15-2014-registration-required.html)

CTNYC Mar 1, 2014 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian (Post 22432533)
My XM was not so I would figure no extras.

:cool: Oh well.. It would have been a nice bonus since I usually end up returning a car right after a 400-ish mile trip and always use the gas option anyways

ijgordon Mar 1, 2014 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by CTNYC (Post 22431598)
So anyone figure out if the extras (i.e. gas option) are tripled as well?

My LIS was tripled. Points are typically based off the base rental plus extras, excluding any taxes/facility fees.

CTNYC Mar 3, 2014 10:18 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 22445236)
My LIS was tripled. Points are typically based off the base rental plus extras, excluding any taxes/facility fees.

hmm... hopefully my gas prepayment gets triple points as well

CalItalian Mar 11, 2014 2:48 pm

My birthday bonus tripled. Just got 1396 points for a $142.80 base rate - after discounts before taxes & fees - at FLL. I had no extras for my 7 day rental.

alphaod Mar 12, 2014 3:31 am

I was expecting not to get my triple points like usual, but looks like I got my triple points from my last couple rentals.

gloobnib Mar 15, 2014 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 22407485)
How long was your rental? If it was under 48.00 hours, it will not post automatically (nor at all), and you'll need to contact Hertz and plead with them...

This. Confirmed no bonus auto-posts unless over 48 hours "out". I had 5 rentals in February and only the one that was "out" for over 48 hours automatically posted. Of the remaining 4 rentals:
  • 1 rental for 1 day 2 hours (no bonus per promo T&C)
  • 3 rentals all for over 1 day + 4 hours but under 48 hours (shows on receipt as 2 days, no extra hours)

Live chat agent told me to call Gold Plus service to request adjustment at 1-888-999-4900 - 7A-7P M-F.

zzzZZZzzz33 Mar 17, 2014 1:08 pm

I got triple points for FEB for the multi month rental car I currently have.
Picked the car up in JAN and signed up for the promotion afterwards.

Nice :D

FlyinHawaiian Mar 18, 2014 11:12 am

Originally Posted by gloobnib (Post 22530004)

Live chat agent told me to call Gold Plus service to request adjustment at 1-888-999-4900 - 7A-7P M-F.

I did this last night and was able to get an immediate corrected posting to my account by the Gold Plus desk. I had two two-day rentals of >48 hours.

gloobnib Mar 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian (Post 22545535)
I did this last night and was able to get an immediate corrected posting to my account by the Gold Plus desk. I had two two-day rentals of >48 hours.

Just called and was told that the official Hertz position was "Minimum of 48 hours keep". I pointed out my receipts all say "2 days" and was told that what was charged and the promo terms are separate issues. I quoted promo terms of "Minimum 2 day rental" says nothing about 48 hours, and again, my receipts say "2 days" of rental. She wasn't budging; she also said that Hertz is going to issue a statement to clarify terms going forward. :td:

Hang up, call back, got a nice lady who was able to credit me points for the last of the 3 missing rentals. Apparently I made the first 2 reservations in late January before I had registered for the promo. She quoted exact dates that I made the reservations that sounded plausible, so I couldn't dispute it further. I can accept that (even though I think it is stupid to make me cancel and re-create reservations).

Will be interesting to see if they give me credit for the car I have right now that I will have kept for 45 hours when I turn it in tomorrow.

Anyway - Moral: hang up, call back.

Gloob

SKYEG Mar 21, 2014 11:49 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian (Post 22505356)
My birthday bonus tripled. Just got 1396 points for a $142.80 base rate - after discounts before taxes & fees - at FLL. I had no extras for my 7 day rental.

That is next level lucky!

I am earning so many GP due to this promo and extending rentals left and right with cheap extension rates... Only spending $200 to earn enough for a free day that usually costs around $130 is amazing value, especially when you need to rent anyways. Also nice driving every different car make/model and knowing what you like/dislike

mrkymark Mar 22, 2014 10:19 am

<48hr rental (but 2 day charge.)
No auto "triple."
Sent an email and agent manually adjusted it with an apology.
Thanks Hertz!

zoneduk Mar 24, 2014 4:04 am

Non-USA

I saw this promo on the UK website, but there is no registration for Non-US, as I tried the link, but it said US only.

Anyone have experience of this i.e non-US is auto enrolled ?

My trips are next week, so suppose I could find out then, but better to know before hand.

CanuckFlyHigh Mar 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by mrkymark (Post 22568741)
<48hr rental (but 2 day charge.)
No auto "triple."
Sent an email and agent manually adjusted it with an apology.
Thanks Hertz!

Which email did you send to? I have about 7 of these that havent posted triple.

Mustang1 Apr 15, 2014 7:46 am

What email did you send request to?

Flyfromscratch Apr 15, 2014 9:14 am

My 2 month rental started and closed within the promo period.. $1338 rate gave a cool 5000 points.. sweet..