Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight delayed a day need to rebook?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ovaltine secret decoder club, Hilton Diamond, United 1K, Hawaiian air Gold, Starwood Gold
Flight delayed a day need to rebook?

I'm a Hertz PC member. My flight was CX this morning and I'm rebooked to arrive at my destination 26 hours later than my original Hertz booking. Do i need to cancel and rebook (and pay the within 24 hours cx penalty) or can i push my reservation to my new arrival time over the phone? The kicker is that if i need to rebook it will be at the higher anytime awards fare as there is a blackout period now in place. I now only need to rent for 8 days but i did originally book the 5500 pts 8-14 day rental rate. Rescheduling now would bring up the 8-14 day rate to 11000 pts.

Anyone have experience with this?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Call the location directly and explain. If you do wind up with a worse rate, it's generally covered by your travel insurance, presuming that the underlying cancellation reasons are also covered.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:04 am
Original Member

Same thing happened to me. Call the location directly, I was able to change the dates of my Hertz reservation one day forward twice. Caught in the terrible Michigan weather, my plane reservation kept changing. Was able to change from Jan, 7 to the 8th, and then to the 9th. No problems and was charged the same rate. It was for a 2 month reservation so I was glad to have it be so easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.