Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MNTHLY rate code?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
MNTHLY rate code?

Has anyone else tried this rate code and had any success? It's supposed to offer an ECAR for $399/month before tax at neighborhood locations in the US and Canada. I've tried a bunch of local Hertz locations across Canada and even in the US near me and I haven't found a single one that accepts this rate code. Either it says "not available" on the main car classes or just defaults to the regular weekly rate which is higher. Read the T&Cs and there's nothing I'm doing wrong. Also tried disabling my CDP so there's no discount trying to be applied. What gives?? This promo only just came out and yet suddenly it's not available anywhere. What's the point of dangling something like this in front of us and then refusing to actually honour it? Rant over.

EDIT: Got it to work for a date in January, but still some kind of stipulation about advance reservations would be nice. I was checking for a pick-up later in the week which apparently isn't advanced enough.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
Has anyone else tried this rate code and had any success? It's supposed to offer an ECAR for $399/month before tax at neighborhood locations in the US and Canada. I've tried a bunch of local Hertz locations across Canada and even in the US near me and I haven't found a single one that accepts this rate code. Either it says "not available" on the main car classes or just defaults to the regular weekly rate which is higher. Read the T&Cs and there's nothing I'm doing wrong. Also tried disabling my CDP so there's no discount trying to be applied. What gives?? This promo only just came out and yet suddenly it's not available anywhere. What's the point of dangling something like this in front of us and then refusing to actually honour it? Rant over.

EDIT: Got it to work for a date in January, but still some kind of stipulation about advance reservations would be nice. I was checking for a pick-up later in the week which apparently isn't advanced enough.
I just did a test booking for my local HLE and it shows $359.10 using my AAA code. Must be location dependent. I tried 10/24-11/25.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.