Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "I'm Renting a Manager's Special; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "I'm Renting a Manager's Special; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:27 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by m907
That's not correct. Ultimate Choice requires intermediate or higher. Manager's special, economy, and compact do not qualify. Sounds like you took their instruction to take from midsize as permission to take from UC and they didn't care enough to turn you around at the exit booth.
I looked thru the T&C's of PC and the only restriction I found was "with a minimum reserved Compact vehicle." Otherwise: "Freedom to choose any vehicle in the President’s Circle section of the Hertz Ultimate Choice lot on the spot at no extra charge No additional driver fee for a spouse or domestic partner in the U.S."
Since a MS is Compact of better, it seems to fit the T&C's.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:59 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by rbAA
I looked thru the T&C's of PC and the only restriction I found was "with a minimum reserved Compact vehicle." Otherwise: "Freedom to choose any vehicle in the President’s Circle section of the Hertz Ultimate Choice lot on the spot at no extra charge No additional driver fee for a spouse or domestic partner in the U.S."
From this page (the main Ultimate Choice page):

How Hertz Ultimate Choice Works:

You no longer go to an assigned car. You decide what to drive. Gold Members: When you book a midsize class vehicle or larger, you have access to exclusive vehicles based on your status.

Not sure where you read that you could book a compact or higher? Please provide a link to the page.
cestmoi123 and m907 like this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
From this page (the main Ultimate Choice page):

Not sure where you read that you could book a compact or higher? Please provide a link to the page.
Hertz's website is a contradictory mess so I wouldn't be surprised if it says that somewhere incorrectly.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
At non-UC locations, you get a guaranteed one class upgrade as PC, from Compact to Intermediate or from Intermediate to Full-size. At UC locations, you get access to the PC UC area with an intermediate (aka midsize) reservation or higher.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Where does Manager’s Special actually fall within the category hierarchy? I thought it was the very bottom, basically “give me the cheapest thing you’ve got”.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by strickerj

Where does Manager’s Special actually fall within the category hierarchy? I thought it was the very bottom, basically “give me the cheapest thing you’ve got”.
It is the bottom. They say an economy car or better, which is the entire fleet.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:56 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Right, though I recall it previously being compact of higher and it's usually priced at the compact level from my review.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:55 pm

Right, though I recall it previously being compact of higher and it's usually priced at the compact level from my review.
Maybe so, but it doesn't qualify for Ultimate Choice (book anything but Manager's Choice, Economy, or Compact) or the PC guaranteed upgrade at non-UC locations (Compact to Midsize or Midsize to Fullsize).

Basically, MC is designed so that Hertz has an option for the "I just care about price" customer. Typically, it's not cheap enough to be worthwhile, in my experience.
Cymro, strickerj and m907 like this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:47 pm

What do I get for Manager's special?

It says: Managers Special 2 or 4 Door (Group A6) EXAR

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 6, 2019 at 5:34 pm Reason: Please search for existing threads; thanks
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by sciconf
It says: Managers Special 2 or 4 Door (Group A6) EXAR
You'll get a car. Four wheels. Seating for at least four people. If the location has a lot of cars sitting around, might be something like a Corolla. If they're short on vehicles, it's whatever they don't think anyone else will want.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:49 am

After two consecutive Kia Carnival (Sedona) minivans for manager's special (in Australia), both of which I cancelled and rebooked a compact on the spot, got a Hyundai i30 for my third manager's special which I took
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
Anybody experience in SAN with late arrival and PC-Options?
Thinking about Managers Special (but need 4 doors) oder regular booking...

Thanks,
Caro
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Carotthat
Anybody experience in SAN with late arrival and PC-Options?
Thinking about Managers Special (but need 4 doors) oder regular booking...

Thanks,
Caro
When are u heading there?
I am also looking for 4 drs but arriving early morning towards the weekend. Price seems to go down there as the rental day approaches
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
Originally Posted by sciconf
When are u heading there?
I am also looking for 4 drs but arriving early morning towards the weekend. Price seems to go down there as the rental day approaches
End of february 2020, a thursday evening...
But it's gonna be a one way rental, so maybe the MC would be the worst guess...
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:17 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
403 Lafayette / Manhattan (One-Way to EWR)

B 2018 Toyota Yaris iA sedan with TN plates and 25,700 miles on the odometer. Cost was about 40% less than taking an Uber.

They pulled the car in advance as a one-way, waiting for my arrival.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.