Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "I'm Renting a Manager's Special; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "I'm Renting a Manager's Special; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:15 am

My MS booking in TPA on April 2nd also resulted in "zone 3" at the board.
Unfortunately I can not post pictures yet but what was available seemed extremely good to me.
There were one or two Sparks but I also saw a Hyundai Veloster, Honda HR-V, Nissan Kicks and several other compact and compact SUVs.
Ended up with a blue Nissan Kicks with 19k miles that turned out to be a good choice for our familiy vacation.

I am very happy with what I got for less than a third of the price of an Economy
Auto Enthusiast and connlach like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Ierwin
My MS booking in TPA on April 2nd also resulted in "zone 3" at the board.
Unfortunately I can not post pictures yet but what was available seemed extremely good to me.
There were one or two Sparks but I also saw a Hyundai Veloster, Honda HR-V, Nissan Kicks and several other compact and compact SUVs.
Ended up with a blue Nissan Kicks with 19k miles that turned out to be a good choice for our familiy vacation.

I am very happy with what I got for less than a third of the price of an Economy
Thanks for this valuable feedback. I am at TPA on 2nd may and will feedback my results but this puts my mind at rest.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 7:33 am

Picked up at TPA

Name was on the board. Go to zone 3 and pick my own. Managed to get a Nissan Rogue with 14k miles on the clock. Nearly went for an almost new Chevy trailblazer till my wife spotted the Rogue. Other than that a wide selection of small sparks and compact and midsize saloons. Probably had the choice of at least 50 cars. Hope this helps others.
Old May 4, 2022, 6:41 am

Sfo pickup was directed to pc aisle. I’m a pc and rented for a day.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by lukelim89
Sfo pickup was directed to pc aisle. I’m a pc and rented for a day.
How'd PC look? There next month for a very late Friday night pickup and curious how things looked
Old May 5, 2022, 6:42 am

Pretty empty I got a jeep saw a couple of Kia, fords nothing too exciting
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:24 am

Last week at a neighborhood store in the NY suburbs, one-way to LGA. 2019 Nissan Versa sedan. 47k mi. If I turned up the fan, the car would make a loud vacuum cleaner-type sound and vibrate.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just tried a manager special for the first time at LAX. I got an email the morning of saying to look at the gold board for my assignment. Arrived, name not on board. Asked attendant and showed email on phone, and I was told to just pick something from Gold aisle. Took a look through PC, but the selection was the same and unexciting (CX3, Altima, Malibu, etc.). The lot had many Teslas, Mustangs, luxury Germans, etc, but they were all reserved. Then a low mileage hybrid was deposited back at Gold aisle, so I pounced on it. At the check-out, clerk radioed manager to ask if PC would be allowed to pick E6 category when A6 reserved without upcharge, got OK, and sent me on my way.

I was unsure about trying manager special to save about $50, but I would do it again now.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Just did this at PHL for the first time. Got an email to head to Gold area and check the board. On arrive, Gold Board said "See Desk" next to my name and the attendant said I could have a compact (Corolla) or pay $15/day to upgrade to PC selection. Chose the upgrade as I got a great rate on the managers special to begin with anyway. Unsure if I'd do it again based on that.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Just did this at PHL for the first time. Got an email to head to Gold area and check the board. On arrive, Gold Board said "See Desk" next to my name and the attendant said I could have a compact (Corolla) or pay $15/day to upgrade to PC selection. Chose the upgrade as I got a great rate on the managers special to begin with anyway. Unsure if I'd do it again based on that.
Interesting since (1) Corolla is midsize - surprised they tried to pass it off as a smaller car, unless they really wanted you to upgrade, and (2) that they let you go to the PC section for a price - that seems like a potential devaluation for PC members.

-J.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:04 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Booked a manager special at LIH last week (as PC). Got a Chevy Traverse. Honestly was expecting some hatchback or so...
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:04 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by DTS
Booked a manager special at LIH last week (as PC). Got a Chevy Traverse. Honestly was expecting some hatchback or so...
Just think of it as a big hatchback.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
403 Lafayette in NYC/Manhattan.

Rented a Manager’s Special to drive myself to JFK tomorrow morning. Was given a C 2022 Nissan Sentra SV with NY plates, 20,000 miles on the odometer, and working Sirius/XM. Perfectly fine for my needs.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 6:18 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Another brief one-way rental from 403 Lafayette; Ubers were $120+ and the AAA Manager’s Special rate was $40 all-in so a no-brainer for me.

I was given an L 2023 Buick Envision Essence with NY plates and only 310 miles on the odometer. Sirius/XM was obviously working. Took me about 90 minutes to slog through rush hour traffic to JFK.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:50 pm

I thought we had a policy of not mentioning rate specifics? Corporate trolls are silently lurking on here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.