FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   can i use someone else credit card for priceline (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1492334-can-i-use-someone-else-credit-card-priceline.html)

peter1969 Aug 8, 2013 10:27 am

can i use someone else credit card for priceline

Can i use my employer's credit card to book a car rental thru priceline ?
They do not have a corporate credit card system.

I will be the primary driver.
Will the charges be applied to the credit card of my employer even though I have to give my credit card for deposits at the counter ?
Thanks

themicah Aug 8, 2013 10:57 am

You'll definitely need a card in your name when you pick up the car.

If you're talking about using someone else's card to pay for a prepaid name-your-own-price reservation, in theory that might be possible, but I don't see a place on the form to put in a different name for the credit card, so I'm pretty sure you'll need the credit card to be in the same name as the driver.

Is there time for your employer to get you another card on his/her account as an authorized user?

cordelli Aug 8, 2013 11:05 am

Welcome to Flyertalk.

From the FAQ's they only state that the card has to be in your name when you are picking up the car

We accept all major credit cards, including American Express, Discover/Novus, MasterCard, and Visa. Debit cards branded with the Visa or MasterCard logo are also valid forms of payment. Credit card information cannot be changed once the purchase is complete.

Please note that you do not have to present the same card to the rental counter that you entered into our website when making the reservation. You may use a different card at the counter, as long as it is in the primary driver's name. If you plan to use a debit card when picking up your vehicle, you may be required to provide round-trip flight information at the rental counter.

Though it may depend on which type of car rental (traditional or name your own price) you are talking about. A message to Priceline Customer Service would probably clear it up quickly.

The charges will again depend on the type of rental. If it's a name your own price, they will charge the full rental when the offer is accepted. If it's a traditional rental, they will swipe the card at pickup, put a hold on the card for the rental amount and the deposit (for a normal car somewhere around $300) and release the deposit when the car is returned. The amount of the hold depends on location and type of car.

I think it would be much less confusing for you to just pay for it all and get reimbursed from them.

CrazyOne Aug 8, 2013 11:38 am

Use your employer's credit card to book the Priceline prepaid (or any other prepaid reservation setup).

When you pick up the car, you will need a credit card in YOUR name, regardless of the prepayment status. This is in case you damage the car or keep it past the return time. Also they'll try to sell you prepaid fuel, etc.

Preferably this card is not a debit card by the way. Some locations will take them and some won't.

As long as you don't keep the car over, damage it, or buy the prepaid fuel or other add-on stuff, nothing will be charged to the card in your name.

Note that in this scenario you will NOT be able to rely on any credit card provided rental car loss coverage, from either card. You should make sure that your employer's auto insurance covers rental cars when driven by employees on company business. Otherwise you may need to buy coverage from the rental agency. Your personal auto insurance if any will likely not cover you for that use.