Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
rental car in Israel?

Anyone had experience? Any good deal i can find? thanks
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Did you try looking in here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...st-world.html?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
Have used Hertz in TLV. It's a third party Hertz contractor but the cars were fine. We were on company biz so didn't do any shopping around. Do arrange for GPS with the car when you book the rental if you're not familiar with the area. Sygic w/ the Israel map works great for smartphones if you want to use your own.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
Ditto.

I had a car from TLV when out there on business, and there were no issues. I ended up with a Suzuki SX4, which is a very popular car in Israel.

No problems with the road signs, as almost all are in English as well as Hebrew. Did find that the fuel station I tried to use to refuel the car had a pump which only accepted local credit cards, but luckily there was another one alongside which took mine.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 2:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by magendim
Have used Hertz in TLV. It's a third party Hertz contractor but the cars were fine. We were on company biz so didn't do any shopping around. Do arrange for GPS with the car when you book the rental if you're not familiar with the area. Sygic w/ the Israel map works great for smartphones if you want to use your own.
Thanks, I booked a car from American express platinum website. The price is better than most code i used. But there is no place to add a GPS. if we add it in the counter, how much is it?

Another question, if I booked it through american express, can I get hertz point?

Anything I need to know about driving in Israel?

Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
One thing to highlight - your credit card insurance coverage will almost certainly NOT be valid.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
One thing to highlight - your credit card insurance coverage will almost certainly NOT be valid.
I have chase sapphire preferred mastercard. It covers CDW in Israel.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980
I have chase sapphire preferred mastercard. It covers CDW in Israel.
Yup, it does, but only if you have the MC version (Visa doesn't). It's unusual in that respect as well, FYI.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980
Thanks, I booked a car from American express platinum website. The price is better than most code i used. But there is no place to add a GPS. if we add it in the counter, how much is it?

Another question, if I booked it through american express, can I get hertz point?

Anything I need to know about driving in Israel?

Thanks!
I think my colleague who had car #2 had to call beforehand to order a car with GPS (I used my phone). I don't think you can get one at the counter but I could be mistaken there. The road signage in Israel is pretty good but we were going to a few different areas so preferred to know where I was going rather than rely just on signage. They do have speed traps on freeways so keep an eye out. Also, most hotels & such do security checks on vehicles so be prepared to stop on the way in & pop your trunk. Depending on where you're driving (ie to/from Jerusalem, Dead Sea, etc) you may come across military checkpoints as well, so be sure everyone in the vehicle keeps their passport handy.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 5:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by magendim
I think my colleague who had car #2 had to call beforehand to order a car with GPS (I used my phone). I don't think you can get one at the counter but I could be mistaken there. The road signage in Israel is pretty good but we were going to a few different areas so preferred to know where I was going rather than rely just on signage. They do have speed traps on freeways so keep an eye out. Also, most hotels & such do security checks on vehicles so be prepared to stop on the way in & pop your trunk. Depending on where you're driving (ie to/from Jerusalem, Dead Sea, etc) you may come across military checkpoints as well, so be sure everyone in the vehicle keeps their passport handy.
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.