Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz 24/7 and Points?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
Hertz 24/7 and Points?

Went back and looked, but didn't see any topic in the last few months on this..

Anyone hear if there are plans in the future to allow these rentals to use our Gold Points? Would be nice... live in the NYC area, don't own a car, have a ton of Hertz points I never use...
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I linked my Hertz Gold Plus account a while ago but have never received any points.

Anyone else have this issue??
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
I linked my Hertz Gold Plus account a while ago but have never received any points....
Same here. Hertz247 rentals show up with zero points. Doesn't really matter as Hertz247 is going away soon.

Hertz CEO John Tague indicated that Hertz will be withdrawing its carsharing service (Hertz 24/7) in the U.S.
http://www.autorentalnews.com/channe...g-service.aspx
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
I linked my Hertz Gold Plus account a while ago but have never received any points.

Anyone else have this issue??
Contact either Hertz 24/7 or regualar customer service to ensure your choice "stuck". Set my option on Hertz 24/7 to "points" months ago but my Hertz Gold proflie kept showing "0" for each rental. One telehone call and all was fixed.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Same here. Hertz247 rentals show up with zero points. Doesn't really matter as Hertz247 is going away soon.

http://www.autorentalnews.com/channe...g-service.aspx

Yes, Hertz 24/7 is going bye-bye. It will be replaced by a new service called "Hertz Gold Anytime" or some such got an email from HG about it several weeks back and maybe something in the mail.

Basically it will be the same sort of service except one will have to be a HG member to participate.

Methinks like Enterprise's not long lived entry into the car-sharing market Hertz really didn't think things through in terms of liablity, logistics and so forth.

How many names did Hertz 24/7 go through? How often were reservations cancelled or moved to another location often with < one hour notice because the vehicle reserved "wasn't returned"? How often did you get a busted vechile that was returned filthy, dinged/damaged, reeked of tobacco or weed fumes? And so it goes.

While there is a definiate car sharing market in the USA think Hertz is trying to get a better class of customer for the service. Moving Hertz 24/7 into a part of regular Hertz Gold will probably allow for better vetting .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.