Cars with bluetooth - Florida Driveout

Old Apr 30, 13, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Cars with bluetooth - Florida Driveout

Will be taking advantage of the one-way Florida driveout promotion. Recently rented a Toyota Avalon with this feature but dont see any available out of Orlando during my time period. Are there other vehicles in Hertz fleet with bluetooth functionality? TIA
Old Apr 30, 13, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by carraher View Post
Will be taking advantage of the one-way Florida driveout promotion. Recently rented a Toyota Avalon with this feature but dont see any available out of Orlando during my time period. Are there other vehicles in Hertz fleet with bluetooth functionality? TIA
Lots. I have has the following with Blue-tooth:

Volvo all models
Infinity all models
Merc all models
Ford Taurus (13)
Chrysler 300 (I think)
VW CC

There are more but this is all I can remember off the top of my head.
Old Apr 30, 13, 6:01 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC Tangerine
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
Lots. I have has the following with Blue-tooth:

Volvo all models
Infinity all models
Merc all models
Ford Taurus (13)
Chrysler 300 (I think)
VW CC

There are more but this is all I can remember off the top of my head.
I have had, as well (YMMV)

2013 Malibu
2012/13 Corolla
Ford Fusion
Ford Focus
Ford Explorer
Old Apr 30, 13, 6:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVP, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rewards
The Avalon is a luxury car; you cannot specifically reserve it unless you call the location and speak with a very helpful agent (i.e. you can't).

Most Ford, Chevy, and Chryslers come with Bluetooth; Dodge vehicles are hit or miss. Nissans are hit or miss, but the Altima and larger may have it. Toyotas generally have it (Camry and Avalon certainly do; I've never had a Corolla that had it, but many other people have). Most Hyundais should have it also.

This is just for standard A-F cars; I'd expect similar results with SUVs. Specialty cars (G, H/I, collections, etc.) usually have Bluetooth as well, but YMMV.

Data point: GMCs (at least the Acadia) have BlueTooth ^

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; May 3, 13 at 9:43 pm
Old May 1, 13, 5:53 am

Programs: Avios, Mileage Plus, Elevate, Skywards
I would like to point out that the original question was somewhat vague. Would you like to use bluetooth for phone calls or music streaming? IMO, I believe it would be the first rather than the latter. Most premium vehicles should have bluetooth, however, the streaming bluetooth is somewhat sporadic as not too many vehicles have bluetooth streaming, at least as standard option.
Old May 3, 13, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by speedbrds View Post
I would like to point out that the original question was somewhat vague. Would you like to use bluetooth for phone calls or music streaming? IMO, I believe it would be the first rather than the latter. Most premium vehicles should have bluetooth, however, the streaming bluetooth is somewhat sporadic as not too many vehicles have bluetooth streaming, at least as standard option.
The Avalon played the sound of the GPS app as well as my music playlist via Bluetooth. I now have a Focus booked for a weeklong trip. Will it have that same functionality? I also have option of Corolla and Chevy Malibu as part of the promotion.
Old May 3, 13, 8:22 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite - Avis First - Choice Diamond - HH Gold
If it has the Ford Sync system it works good, also I HATED HATED HATED the old Malibu's but the 13 Malibu was nice with a very solid Bluetooth feature.
Old May 4, 13, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by scottdurand View Post
If it has the Ford Sync system it works good, also I HATED HATED HATED the old Malibu's but the 13 Malibu was nice with a very solid Bluetooth feature.
+1 to this. I currently have a 2013 Malibu as my long term rental and I am rather impressed with it. Not spectacular but a pretty solid car with some great options relative the older Malibu models.
Old May 7, 13, 5:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
It seems that BT is now standard with many newer cars, as an example the Corolla 2012/13 which prior to that (almost?) never had BT.

When you arrive to pickup your car the trick will be finding one they are willing to let go of. The Florida location will want to keep all the newer cars and dump all the old cars.

What I would do: Arrive with plenty of time. I check what I've been pre-assigned and what's in Gold Choice. Then I walk around the lot, making notes of vehicles I might want to get (with whatever features I want, in your case BT).

If somebody asks me what I'm doing, I go proactive. Usually it's a manager who is relieved you are not a car thief, who then gets helpful in finding you what you want.

Now, when you approach the counter you can ask "Can I have the car in stall 300?" which is a lot easier to answer than "Do you have anything with Bluetooth?"

Finally, if you don't get one with what you want, there will be locations in between your departure and destination. You can always try a swap at another location.

Last edited by Rut Dog; May 7, 13 at 5:43 pm
Old May 7, 13, 5:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
I now have a Focus booked for a weeklong trip. Will it have that same functionality? I also have option of Corolla and Chevy Malibu as part of the promotion.
No, no, no.

What you have reserved is a "Compact 2 or 4 door, Ford Focus or similar", and the promo has the same $9.95 per day rate for Economy (Kia Rio or similar), Compact, Intermediate (Corolla or similar), or Full Size (Malibu or similar).

Study the fleet list, and you will see how many cars you will have to choose from, essentially anything Full Size or smaller: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...t-you-get.html

This is good news -- you are not restricted by size for this rate. Personally, I would reserve the Full Size, the largest car, since talking yourself into a smaller car with BT will be a no hassle experience.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: