Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Picking up a car 4 hours before reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emerald Club, Hhonors, Rapid rewards

I have a reservation for a corvette out of SJC, picking up on a Thursday at 7pm and returning on Sunday at 7pm. My plans have changed and I need to pick up the car by 3pm at the latest (4 hours early) and will return by 3pm on Sunday. Normally I'd update the reservation with the new pick-up/drop-off times, however, I don't believe I can do so this time because I used a coupon that had to be used by 3/31. If I make a change to the reservation I assume that would invalidate the coupon which, in this case, would increate the rental by over $100.

Has anyone picked up a car fours hours before a reservation? I used to be a frequent renter with National and this would not be a problem with them, but I'm not sure about Hertz. I suppose the only concern would be whether or not there is a corvette available when I arrive early.

I did a search and didn't find any recent threads with useful information about this.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:40 am

I've shown up about an hour early for a rental before and they just adjusted my drop off time. If you want to be sure, just give the location a call.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:56 am

If you call, they will probable be able to adjust it.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:32 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You should call, it's possible the car is not planned on being ready so you want to make sure they change the time to make sure they have the corvette for you.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you were renting a generic midsize, I would tell you to ignore the issue and just show up.

But, since it's a specialty car, if it's rented and due back at 6 PM on the day you're booked at 7 PM, it's altogether possible that if you show up at 3 PM, there's no Corvette and you take what's there.

I would definitely call the location directly, let them make the adjustment and confirm that the specific vehicle is actually available that much earlier.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emerald Club, Hhonors, Rapid rewards
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I'll try giving the location a call though I'm a little worried that the coupon will no longer be valid after they make the change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.