Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Awesome Hertz Experience Part II - Porsche 911 Carrera

Awesome Hertz Experience Part II - Porsche 911 Carrera

Old Apr 6, 13, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: True Blue, Hertz #1 Club, Marriott Rewards
Cool Awesome Hertz Experience Part II - Porsche 911 Carrera

I just had another terrific driving experience courtesy of Hertz "other reservable models" They need a better title for these cars For those of you thinking that the Carreras available at various locations are lightly optioned base models, you are sadly mistaken. My car was loaded: PDK tranny, 20 inch sport wheels, sunroof, PCM and electronic gizmos galore. The base price is 84,300. However, he final tally came to an eye watering $100,710.

The most powerful automobile I've driven recently was the MB E63 AMG. That car was off the hook. However, the 911 is the definition of a "proper" sports car. With class leading power to weight ratio, telepathic handling and awe inspiring acceleration, you can't help but look for an excuse to go for a drive. And drive I did. Upon leaving MCO, I avoided the drudgery of I-4 & I-95 and took the back roads all the way to Ormond Beach. The drive was just spectacular!

The performance difference between the Carrera and the S is a mere .5 sec to 60mph (4.6 vs 4.1) trust me, I did not miss it a bit.

Hertz is always ready to tempt some unsuspecting car nuts

This was a brand new example with 1,100 miles on the odo.

"Hey Porsche" happened to be on the radio when I settled in. It must have been an omen

The best looking 911 ever. However, I would have preferred silver or blue.

The 911 drew admiring glances wherever I went. Even in jaded luxury car enclaves in Orange, Seminole and Volusia counties.

I found this in glove box

How many renters wash their cars by hand? At least one!

How many renters use a car cover in the garage? Same answer

The only downside with this or any of the adrenaline cars is 1) the constant fear of being pulled over and 2) everybody and their grandmother wants to race you. Fortunately, I was able to resist the temptation to smoke that guy in the Vette.

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. I brought it back in the same condition I found it. Although with 300 additional miles.

The next drive will involve some twisty roads. LAX to Ojai to Maricopa perhaps?

On a final note, if you're paying big bucks to rent an exotic car, take the damage waiver. Take good care of the car even if it's a rental. As you all know Karma is a ... B*#*!
Old Apr 6, 13, 8:26 pm

Awesome!

Maybe the mod can change this to a ride report thread and we can add it to the index?
Old Apr 6, 13, 8:38 pm

Where you able to get a sweet upgrade to this car? or how much does it cost per day to rent this model? I would love to drive one.
Old Apr 7, 13, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: True Blue, Hertz #1 Club, Marriott Rewards
Unfortunately since the 911 is fairly new to the fleet, they are charging full price $510 - $600 per day. No award points can be used either. Hertz is probably evaluating demand before any discounts are offered. As an aside, I do not expect to see these cars at JFK. I could be wrong, but NYC seems too high risk Stay tuned.
Old Apr 8, 13, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum, National Emerald Exec Elite
Blue-max - good to see another FT'er from Ormond. I live on the Daytona/Ormond line and work out of Ormond. Looks like you took the 911 on "the loop" which is always a beautiful ride. I may have to try one of these out for a weekend sometime...
Old Sep 23, 13, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
An old post but best ride report I have read on here. Glad to know their 911s arent strippers (but any 911 is great ). I think youre one of the few people I know besides myself who will wash a rental car lol and white is the best color for 911 for me but I am partial to white 911's lol but yeah silver is great too. As with most of the high end rentals I couldnt justify paying for it unless it was at a substantial discount near my normal Lcar price, otherwise i'd just buy it lol Glad you enjoyed it neighbor, GB
Old Sep 24, 13, 11:46 am

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
That's sick! Must've been a $$$ rental though. Totally worth it!
Old Sep 25, 13, 10:00 am
Suspended

yes, money does rent nice things. news at 11
Old Aug 22, 14, 5:23 pm

Just booked online in CA. Can't wait to drive this beast!!!

Last edited by Dreamliners; Aug 22, 14 at 5:44 pm

Search this Thread