What happened to #1 Club Gold?

Old Apr 5, 2013, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
What happened to #1 Club Gold?

I rarely have to rent cars, but recently I noticed my membership change from #1 Club Gold (through Amex Platinum) to Gold Plus Rewards Member.

Did they get rid of #1 Club and mix it in with #1 Club Gold to create the Gold Plus basic level?

On the Hertz Platinum page, it states the Hertz levels are PC, 5*, Club Gold, #1, and non-member. http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produc...nited%20States

Is this correct or did the levels change to PC, 5*, and Gold Plus?

I am looking to book through Hertz or National (Executive member) at SFO next month and just noticed the change. I did a search but haven't found an answer except that "#1 Club" is now Gold Plus Rewards. I don't see anything written about a change in "#1 Club Gold".

Last edited by NYCflip; Apr 5, 2013 at 1:56 pm
Old Apr 5, 2013, 1:45 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
#1 Gold is gone

Gold Plus is here.

It made no sense to continue to have two programs where both were free (well one had a cost but it was pretty easy to get for free) and one offered better benefits than the other.

They sent out the following e-mail to people:

Notice of Program Change for #1 Club Members: Effective immediately, Hertz is offering all #1 Club members globally fee-waived Hertz Gold Plus Rewards' service. With Hertz Gold Plus Rewards' service there is no more waiting at the counters. You just pick up your keys and go! Also, Gold Plus Rewards' members earn one point for every dollar spent at participating locations redeemable toward free days, free weeks and more. The Gold Plus Rewards points' benefit will no longer be an option for any customer enrolling into #1 Club after November 30, 2012. #1 Club Members enrolled prior to November 30, 2012, will have until April 30, 2013 to upgrade their membership status to Gold Plus Rewards to retain their current points' balance and continue earning and redeeming points.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Thank you! I never received that email. When did they send it out? Obviously they need to update the Hertz Platinum page to reflect the current levels.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 2:35 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I may have been mistaken, the thread I copied that from said it was from the website, not an e-mail. I thought there was another one where somebody said they got it as an e-mail, but can't find it (may not have been Flyertalk)

That was posted here on the 19th of March

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...customers.html
Old Apr 5, 2013, 6:12 pm

Well, the #1 Club Gold name is now out of date. Hertz is no longer #1.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Well, the #1 Club Gold name is now out of date. Hertz is no longer #1.
Well, for some crazy reason, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards was recently voted #1 by FlyerTalk members

-J.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:08 am

Programs: hertz gold #1
i never got the mail either

so my older pre paid booking will still be on the gold board?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.