Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hertz Pre-Paid / Pay Now Reservation and Missing Points"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 6:11 am

It's an error in the Hertz system. Give them a call to the Gold Rewards phone # and they'll fix it quickly. Promo codes normally work only on pay later prices, so that's why prepaid discount disappeared. And yes, it's 1pt per dollar spent on base charges, with some bonuses if you're a 5*/PC.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by klanfa
It's an error in the Hertz system. Give them a call to the Gold Rewards phone # and they'll fix it quickly. Promo codes normally work only on pay later prices, so that's why prepaid discount disappeared. And yes, it's 1pt per dollar spent on base charges, with some bonuses if you're a 5*/PC.
I hope they fix it quickly. Others have reported getting it fixed quickly, but it was a frustrating experience for me, in the course of which I found no fewer than four different threads on the topic. See Post 25 above.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:45 am

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I have been having trouble all year with points not posting.

First, points weren't being posted to Delta. I called and they sent points over to DL, which did end up posting.

To avoid this hassle, I started having my points post to Hertz instead (figured it might be more reliable to keep all the points in the Hertz program instead). Well...still no points posting. The rentals show up in my points account activity history, but post as 0 points. I submitted the "request missing points" form a couple weeks ago, but never heard back.

Do I have to again call and ask them to post the points? I have confirmed that my Gold Plus rewards number has been included on every reservation.

What gives? Anyone else have this problem?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This is an issue for me for the last couple rentals this month as well. The rental posts but shows 0 points as well. I also tried submitting the request missing points and never for any response.
Their feedback form on the website for normal contact is also broken and gives an error... so the only way to contact them is by calling (ugh - good luck) or twitter.

Ended up sending a tweet to Hertz with the info and they posted it, although it went as a 'customer service adjustment' so I don't think the rental counted as a credit towards status renewal.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by rylan
This is an issue for me for the last couple rentals this month as well. The rental posts but shows 0 points as well. I also tried submitting the request missing points and never for any response.
Their feedback form on the website for normal contact is also broken and gives an error... so the only way to contact them is by calling (ugh - good luck) or twitter.

Ended up sending a tweet to Hertz with the info and they posted it, although it went as a 'customer service adjustment' so I don't think the rental counted as a credit towards status renewal.
Just got off the phone with them. They indicated that my points aren't posting because I tend to book "Pay It Now" prepaid rentals, and the system can't tell the difference between Hertz prepaid rentals and third-party prepaid rentals such as Hotwire. The agent said there doesn't seem to be any work around this, and that I should call in every time I want points posted. Doesn't seem look an efficient way to run a rewards program. She said they are trying to get software installed to automate this process, but she didn't have an ETA on when it might be fixed.

My rentals have been counting toward status (since the rental has posted, but with 0 points), so haven't noticed any issues there.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
They indicated that my points aren't posting because I tend to book "Pay It Now" prepaid rentals, and the system can't tell the difference between Hertz prepaid rentals and third-party prepaid rentals
Yes known issue they have had for years, I've just emailed and gotten credit for any prepaid rental. Several threads on this including https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...nts-after.html
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I never book 'pay it now' rentals and yet my last couple have not posted anyway.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:59 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I merged a few recent threads relating to the same issue of Hertz and Pay Now/ Pre-Paid reservations and the missing points.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:25 pm

Looks like the problem may have finally been fixed. Points automatically posted during my last two prepaid rentals. I am changing my profile to my Delta Skymiles number. I'll report back on whether that worked after my next rental.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Looks like the problem may have finally been fixed. Points automatically posted during my last two prepaid rentals. I am changing my profile to my Delta Skymiles number. I'll report back on whether that worked after my next rental.
Unfortunately not. Always prepay rentals and last month had 3 rentals. 2 went fine. 1 posted as 0 points so here goes calling again.. After ALL THESE YEARS you think they find a solution. Surely prepaid goes for 30% of rentals as it's usually cheaper so why would it be so hard.... The amount of points they 'steal' this way from customers that dont check their accounts often ...
lbbzman likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: UA 2P, NWA & AirTran A+ refugee
no Hertz points for AAA pre-paid rental

This issue has not been fixed. I was aware that booking Hertz pre-paid rentals on bidding sites like Hotwire were ineligible for points accrual, but was not aware that AAA pre-paid reservations do not accrue Hertz points. I submitted a missing points request for a recent Hertz rental and received the following reply:

"Award Retro Credit Failure"
008 Rentals using travel industry rates/discounts, tour and wholesale rentals and convention rate rentals are not eligible for Rewards Points."

Low and behold, buried in the T&C of the AAA pre-paid rental is the following language:
"Prepaid reservations may not be eligible for express service, loyalty programs, or frequent flyer miles."

First, why does it say "may" instead of "will not?" Second, I can see how frequent flyer miles would not accrue since rental car agencies usually tack on a small fee if you are earning air miles instead of their loyalty points. But Hertz is the preferred partner of AAA, and I am surprised that they are treated the same as low-cost consolidator travel agencies. As a parent, one of the perks of booking Hertz with AAA is a free child seat. I was not aware of the little-advertised detriment of using AAA pre-pay. Caveat emptor!

Last edited by flatlined; Mar 14, 2019 at 5:42 pm
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:17 am

Mine are again not posting either, and I'm having to call in to manually get the points posted. I'm going to just accrue Hertz points instead of trying to get airline points to post. Even with Hertz points, I still have to call in to get them posted.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:21 pm

How to earn Gold Rewards Points???

Hello all!

I enrolled in Gold Rewards at the beginning of the year and have made 3 reservations since. 2 of them show up in my Rewards Account Activity, but show 0 points. The other one just doesn't show up at all. I've tried using the missing points request, tried live chat, and tried calling them but no one has been able to tell me why I'm not earning points. The only thing I can think of is that I am booking through AAA or using a professional organization discount code and paying ahead of time and that those rates might not be eligible to earn points? Not that I have too much room to complain--the rates are the cheapest on the internet that I can find.

I'm just very new to this program and I have no idea why my points count is still at zero!!!

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

-Wu
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:53 pm

Seems you don't automatically get points for prepaid rentals (TIL), but you can call and get them:
Does a "Pay Now" reservation earn Rewards Points?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:09 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by WuLabsWuTecH
Hello all!

I enrolled in Gold Rewards at the beginning of the year and have made 3 reservations since. 2 of them show up in my Rewards Account Activity, but show 0 points. The other one just doesn't show up at all. I've tried using the missing points request, tried live chat, and tried calling them but no one has been able to tell me why I'm not earning points. The only thing I can think of is that I am booking through AAA or using a professional organization discount code and paying ahead of time and that those rates might not be eligible to earn points? Not that I have too much room to complain--the rates are the cheapest on the internet that I can find.

I'm just very new to this program and I have no idea why my points count is still at zero!!!

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

-Wu
Since this seems to be about pre-paid rentals, I went ahead and merged this topic with the consolidated thread we have about Hertz and pre-paid reservations and missing points thread.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.