Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hertz Pre-Paid / Pay Now Reservation and Missing Points"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Hertz Pre-Paid / Pay Now Reservation and Missing Points"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by hamajicky
did they help you at all? the person in CS in New jersey I spoke to was rude and completely uninterested in helping me.
the twitter person solved my issue (more or less).
Old Apr 13, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Anyone had any resolution on this? Unfortunately I'm still having the same issue where I see rentals posting with 0 points in my activity and I don't get any YTD rental credit either. Spoke with a very helpful person at Hertz who verified that my profile is correct and there's no apparent reason this should be happening.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
Exactly the same for me. 10 US rentals in the last month, and every one of them showed up in my profile with 0 points. Called up and they confirmed that my profile is correct and that they would investigate. 24 hours later I had an email from Customer Service confirming that they had credited points commensurate with the $$ I had paid per rental.

Sounds like vigilance is required for now, which is irritating but far from the end of the world.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1k,Marriott LT PLT, Hilton Diamond /HYATT Plat, Hertz Pres, National Exec
I called in today for all of March and April and after getting transferred to a senior rep was credited the missing points
Old Apr 18, 2013, 1:46 am

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Same thing down in New Zealand. Rentals were showing up for March and April but no reward points were showing. An email to Hertz Gold customer service in Australia fixed it within 60 mins.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
If you have a straightforward case (i.e., points entirely missing), it's easy to get it fixed. All it takes is to fill up the online form.

BUT... if you have partial points missing (e.g., bonus points not posting), it's a steep uphill battle to just get someone to listen to your story. There is no place in the online form to put comments or attach screenshots. Email to customer service takes long time (if ever) to get to a real person.

It has happened to me a few times since Jan this year, and none of them get resolved yet. I'm on the brink of not trusting Hertz promotion any more..
Old Apr 18, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I have 1 rental in Feb showing 0 points, and I know it was eligible and I paid for it. I did get a really big upgrade with that rental so I am curious if that had something to do with it. I sumbitted a request online via the form, no luck, called they didn't seem interested in helping. I just made a request on facebook. See if that brings me any luck.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I called Hertz again earlier today to get points posted for my last few rentals (haven't had one post with >0 points since Jan) Apparently my company's CDP is causing the issue-- a latent problem from the system upgrade they did recently. They are working on fixing it, but for now I'll just have to make calling to get points part of my routine...
Old Apr 18, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I'm having this problem every rental (a few a month)! I fill out the online request multiple times, I call multiple times, it never gets fixed the first time. HERTZ SUCKS, I'm getting sick of this problem. Hopefully someone learns of a fix and posts some info... I am sure it's a result of the recent system upgrade (upgrade?) they did.

...and I was so impressed with the recent notifications of car stall location they implemented...
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: MR PremPlat, DL DM 1M, AA Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
Heard multiple times from gold reps that Hertz 'upgraded' their system and points is a royal mess. Haven't been any getting points on Corporate CDP but do get points on weekend rentals using AAA CDP.

The trick is to get the right customer service rep to make an adjustment to your account. Hope this helps.

With all this points trouble, I'm surprised why hertz initiated a "double your points" promo. I guess Double of Zero points is still zero...
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by jreyes01

The trick is to get the right customer service rep to make an adjustment to your account. Hope this helps.
Man is that true. I just called again, and this time (like 7th this year) the agent knew exactly how to fix it, and had me look online in real time to see her three Customer Service Adjustment credits to make up for my most recent three rentals which are listed as "0". ...I should have asked for her cell number for my next rental
Old Apr 19, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: UA plat - Marriott plat
All my last 8 rentals from March and April are showing 0 points. The missing points form on the site that I used almost a month ago did not produce any result. I am currently at the third call with Hertz CS, I hope I got a good one this time...
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:34 am

Have missing points since February! Hertz is HORRIBLE!!!
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
I have some rentals with 0 and some with double entries so it shows 2x points. A mess.

Added: just saw they're doing double points starting 4/10 so that may explain some of these double entries. Although I still see 2x entries prior.

Last edited by JMN57; Apr 20, 2013 at 10:49 am
Old Apr 21, 2013, 2:19 am

Programs: More shiny with hotels than airlines.
Originally Posted by artyam
Have missing points since February! Hertz is HORRIBLE!!!
My February rentals have just been corrected after many emails to CS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.