Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Aston Martin at RSW (and our Corvette convertible)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:42 am
hsg
Original Poster

My wife and I went to Naples last week and flew in to RSW, Fort Myers.

On our way out we saw a white Aston Martin blocked off in front of the Hertz office. I should have taken a picture or asked about it, but I didn't. I was just wondering if anyone had any info about it?

On a side note, we rented a 2013 Corvette convertible...wow that engine is impressive! 6.2L v8 0-60 in 4.2 seconds! It had the 60th anniversary badging on it and was a great car. The exhaust note was actually a little quiet for my taste, until you really opened it up.
The convertible top is manual and it can be a pain to open up the latch. The car only had 9,000 miles on it and the paint on the latch is wearing off. Actually the guy in the gate told us, "Don't be nervous about getting the top down, you really have to force it." Ha.
It had Sirius, and obviously a small trunk. We only had 2 carry-ons and a small duffle so it was fine with the top down but if you have any more than that, you will be sitting with luggage in the passenger seat.
All in all, it was a great vehicle that is still a classic. We had lots of comments and quite a few people took pictures of it, after they took pictures of the Ferraris on 5th Ave of course haha.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum, National Emerald Exec Elite
I know that both the former boss of Hertz and the current boss at Hertz have homes in Naples so maybe that plays into it? Nonetheless, a good market for the higher-end vehicles. The Hertz at APF always takes good care of me. I would bet that if that Aston is in fact in the fleet, that it goes for a pretty penny - ie. $1000+ a day.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by aviator4512
I know that both the former boss of Hertz and the current boss at Hertz have homes in Naples so maybe that plays into it? Nonetheless, a good market for the higher-end vehicles. The Hertz at APF always takes good care of me. I would bet that if that Aston is in fact in the fleet, that it goes for a pretty penny - ie. $1000+ a day.
$1000/day? Seems pricey. Isn't it cheaper to rent from Gotham Dream Cars for the weekend instead of daily from Hertz?

I think it's around $2800 for a 3-day Gallardo rental from GDC.

Last edited by drzoidberg; Feb 12, 2013 at 4:05 pm
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:55 pm

V8 Vantage are about the same MSRP as the Audi R8 and those are about $150-$300/day. I would expect it to be about the same.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
A regular Corvette (as will a few other prestige cars) will smoke a V8 Vantage lol

would be a nice upgrade though to ride around in if the price were cheap.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, HON, EK Gold
Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
A regular Corvette (as will a few other prestige cars) will smoke a V8 Vantage lol

would be a nice upgrade though to ride around in if the price were cheap.
Until you have to go round a corner.....

I think you'll also find it's called style, not something you could typically accuse a Corvette of having
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Tummy
V8 Vantage are about the same MSRP as the Audi R8 and those are about $150-$300/day. I would expect it to be about the same.
Not sure where you are finding an R8 for $150/day or even $300/day for that matter. I also didn't make the assumption that it was a V8 Vantage, although you're probably right. I don't think Hertz would spend the extra dough on the DB9 or DBS.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: MR PP/Ambassador, Amex Explat, Hertz PC
I have seen a black lamborghini and a red ferrari at Ft Lauderdale Hertz recently. I asked about them, and they said that you have to fill out a lot of paperwork a few weeks before you want to rent one of them - they said they were about $1500 per day to rent....
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:53 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by Maigret
Until you have to go round a corner.....

I think you'll also find it's called style, not something you could typically accuse a Corvette of having
Actually the Corvette will out corner the Aston too.

I see you're from Britain and some of my favorite cars I have come from there and I will agree with you the Aston is much more stylish. However, its not as much of a sports car as the Corvette and Aston has been trying to play catch up by updating the models.

When the Vantage first came out it received lots of criticism for being a dressed up Mustang. Granted most people wont cross shop the 2 cars they are trying to get 911 customers obviously.

Price equal (and car condition) for a weekend I'd pick the Aston too.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Joeinfl
I have seen a black lamborghini and a red ferrari at Ft Lauderdale Hertz recently. I asked about them, and they said that you have to fill out a lot of paperwork a few weeks before you want to rent one of them - they said they were about $1500 per day to rent....
Those vehicles are part of Supercars collection ... http://us.hertzsupercars.com
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Joeinfl
Not sure about the advance notice, you can upgrade to them spur of the moment but yes, the paperwork is a bit tedious. Upgrade price is dependent on the rate you are paying per day, or so I'm told. If memory serves it was $1000 a day or so from an E350
Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by aviator4512
Not sure where you are finding an R8 for $150/day or even $300/day for that matter. I also didn't make the assumption that it was a V8 Vantage, although you're probably right. I don't think Hertz would spend the extra dough on the DB9 or DBS.
Hertz in SFO had R8s available for booking in October, but the dates I just tried are now sold out. The AAA rate.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:07 pm

Aston Martin @ MCO

Arrived late last night at MCO and saw an Aston Martin which looked like a V8 Vantage from a distance. So they must be included in the fleet now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.