Prestige Car Changes in Australia

Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
FAIL Hertz!

Rav4 to substitute a X5 - Not even close

I hope they gave you a big discount ???

SYD Airport recently failed to provide a X5 for me, which wasn't acceptable as a President's Circle member with a very high CVI on their system.

I sent feedback weeks ago, heard nothing.

I am not renting from Europcar which has a newer fleet and much better vehicles in Australia

Rumors that Hertz are getting Porsche though here!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Just completed a 1 day rental from SYD Airport.
Very limited car selection - lot had about 25 cars total FCAR or smaller.

I booked a PCAR - received a brand new Holden SV6 Storm with 500km on it. Keyless entry was broken. Great car (standard nav, backup cam, parking sensors, self parking) No heated/cooling seats.

Only saw 1x BMW X5 on the lot. (I believe they only have 4 in the fleet) and it was reserved.

Lots of 1 series tho, but no Porsche
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The BMWs are not in group P , so wouldn't have impacted receiving it with a P rental

Not sure if there is anything other than SV6s in group P these days
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:14 am

Seems like the fleet's been updated again for Prestige in Australia

It now goes Q2 > A4 > Q5 > Q7 > SQ5, with not all locations having the A4, and the Q2 replacing the old A3. The Q2s are brand new, and the Q5 and Q7 both seem to be updated to the latest 2017 model.

Interestingly they now have the Skoda Superb under PCAR which would be my pick out of them all.
aztimm and AndDee like this.
Old May 5, 2018, 8:21 pm

Another Hertz Australia prestige update - it seems like all the models are now the 2017-18 models - the last of the B8 Q5/SQ5's are gone. Lots of them now at Pickles

All the Q2s seem to be the base model TFSI, and the Q5s the base TDI with no sunroof, active cruise control etc. The A4's are the petrol version, but some of them now do have the sunroof and the Audi Virtual Cockpit installed. None of those have active cruise control still, sadly. Some of the Q7's also appear to have Audi VC, but haven't had a chance to rent one yet.
AndDee likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:31 am

Another Hertz Australia fleet update.

B5 which used to be the Megane 225 is now the brand new Golf GTI. Rates seem pretty reasonable so got a chance to rent one this week.

The Skoda Octavia appears to have joined the fleet under PCAR (which given it's in the same category as the Superb... one would imagine that Superb would be the pick). The Audi lineup of Q2/A4/Q5/Q7/SQ5 appears unchanged, though I did still see the odd older gen SQ5 running around.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Another Hertz Australia prestige update - it seems like all the models are now the 2017-18 models - the last of the B8 Q5/SQ5's are gone. Lots of them now at Pickles

All the Q2s seem to be the base model TFSI, and the Q5s the base TDI with no sunroof, active cruise control etc. The A4's are the petrol version, but some of them now do have the sunroof and the Audi Virtual Cockpit installed. None of those have active cruise control still, sadly. Some of the Q7's also appear to have Audi VC, but haven't had a chance to rent one yet.
Has anyone rented any prestige vehicles in Australia lately?

I reserved SQ5's for a day in Melbourne and 2 days in Sydney, both in a few weeks. I'd have gotten one in CNS, but they only had normal vehicles.

I'll try to report back how they both go.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:13 pm

I think I'm the resident AU prestige renter, so I'll chime in

Fleet is still now Q2 (all base model, bleh), A4 (mix of base model and ones with sunroof and Audi Virtual Cockpit), Q5 (mostly base model) and Q7 (with some options). SQ5's are mostly the new gen but there are a few old-gen Diesel's still floating around, if that's what you prefer.

Honestly though, I'd go for a P class if possible - you have the Skoda Octavia/Superb/VW Passat all in that category, and those are fully decked out with all the options including active cruise. Not to mention being a VW, it's more or less the same car as the Audi that's being rented for 2x the price.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
I reserved SQ5's for a day in Melbourne and 2 days in Sydney, both in a few weeks. I'd have gotten one in CNS, but they only had normal vehicles.
A car for a day in Melbourne will be a liability.
Great Ocean Road (from Melbourne)

Same in Sydney, unless you are driving out of the city.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:04 am

To add: Golf GTI is another option they have now under B5, which is usually quite a bit cheaper than the Audi's. They are pretty good for performance but feature set is a bit slim, and fuel consumption higher than the Q2 (to be expected)
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
A car for a day in Melbourne will be a liability.
Great Ocean Road (from Melbourne)

Same in Sydney, unless you are driving out of the city.
As I indicited in my posting, these are for trips out of the cities.

What information do you have on how Hertz handles Presitge vehicles in either city?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:00 am

What do you mean exactly, handles. Each prestige model is in its own category, so what you book is what you get. The only exceptions are P (technically not prestige, but again as I said, my pick of the lot), or the Mystery Prestige, which will be a Q2 unless for some reason, they don't have any of those left, in which case it will be an A4.

Both SYD and MEL will have no shortage of each model in inventory.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:04 am

Both SYD and MEL will have no shortage of each model in inventory.
In MEL, it seems that there's only one non-airport location, South Yarra, that seems to have any Prestige vehicles. Unless they are all just booked up already. Well I could reserve a Mustang GT Fastback, but I'm not sure that would fly with my other half.
I reserved the SQ5 from South Yarra. It looks like an easy trolly ride from the Flinders Station area, or heck we can Uber too. We have a Q7 at home and are interested in the SQ5.

In SYD, it seems that every place has all the vehicles--and the rental rates are very reasonable, like A$75/day for the SQ5.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:33 am

Ahh, I thought you meant literally the MEL and SYD airports.

If you mean non-airport locations, then I believe in SYD only William Street has prestige vehicles in stock, not sure about MEL. For the rest, they will get a driver to drive it to the non-airport location, and I find rates are generally more expensive as well.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Honestly though, I'd go for a P class if possible - you have the Skoda Octavia/Superb/VW Passat all in that category, and those are fully decked out with all the options including active cruise.
Plus the Subaru Outback, which Hertz at BNE claimed was a P when I was there a week ago...

Thankfully a VW Passat drove in which I was discussing it with them, and they assigned me that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.