Gold Choice Car List by Location

Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
[QUOTE=Tirreg;20001758]I haven´t seen the Gold Choice Line in Europe yet... QUOTE]

They have now implemented it at LHR. However, there seem only to be 2 spots allocated for Gold Choice, at the end of the canopied area that in the middle of the Gold parking area.

Most times I've been there there was been nothing parked up, but there have been occasions when I found the Nissan Qashqai there. This is a Group K vehicle, a category you cannot book directly, but is available if they happen to have cars of the class. It also includes the Skoda Yeti (my favourite recent rental) and the Kia Sportage.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:05 am

Passed through Heathrow twice in last week. Gold Choice slots were empty on both occasions.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
DCA (01/27)
Aside from most of the usual suspects listed at IAD and previously
Infiniti QX56 ("ask me") a couple of days prior I saw $150pd
Cadillac Escalade ($200pd)
Cadillac CTS4 ($40pd)
Mercedes C250 ($50pd)
Old Feb 1, 2013, 5:31 am
Original Poster

MIA ( 1/28)
One Mazda 3
One Malibu
Two Corollas
4 Hyundais (Not sure which one didn't bother to check but the mid size one is that the elantra?)
Infiniti QX56 $175pd
MB C250 & Camaro SS Hardtop $50pd
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:37 am

Ouch on that Infiniti FX56 upgrade price......... I've usually seen it and the Merc GL offered for $75 a day which is actually quite a reasonable deal compared to booking it in the first place.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by rcspeirs
Passed through Heathrow twice in last week. Gold Choice slots were empty on both occasions.
They usually are!

Mind you, not uncommon for almost the whole of LHR to be empty!
Old May 28, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, WOH Globalist, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
LAX (5/25)
Free:
Couple Malibus
Corolla S
Altima Sedan
One Mazda 3

Upgrades:
Corvette $150pd
Aston Martin (no price tag)
Couple Porsches (Panamera & Boxster)
Few Mercedes

I wished the Corvette was cheaper that day but I guess it was because Memorial Day weekend which drove the price up since everyone was renting.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:57 pm
Suspended

I also think that different countries has different kind of cars. It is up to the requirement that where you are. For example if you travel in such a country where there is no concept of support cars or graphic designing on cars than it will look not good.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 2:50 am

Programs: ANA Miledge club, JAL Miledge bank, Hertz #1 Gold
nice.... keep us posted.. especially LAX and SAN
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Nismo-R
I was over on the National forum because I'm thinking of doing a status match to try them out since I've already qualified for 5star this year plus don't put all your eggs in one basket etc etc.

I noticed the National guys have a thread where posters put what cars they found in Emerald Aisle and its organised by location. I know we have a gold choice experience thread and its probably a null endeavour because they change out cars all the time and its immensely varied but I think it might be a good idea to get a feel of what might be available based on frequency and also the chance of seeing something nice in there. Maybe even a pic of the aisle even if you don't actually use it.
So, I just status matched over to 5* from National Exec

The way the National board works is that there is a separate thread for each rental station - usually in the format "Cars at ATL" or something similar. That seems to work well, because people can post reports to the location-specific thread, and when you know you're headed to a certain station, you can browse that thread and see what cars have most recently been spotted there, as well as browse back and see a bit of history. It's also been helpful in that forum to post the day-of-week and time-of-day, because folks have noticed patterns around what cars tend to be available when.

I do have a related question, too. My first Hertz rental is in a couple weeks. Since it's my first, I don't have a master agreement on file yet and will have to stop by the counter instead of just checking out at the gate. Any clue how that would work with Gold Choice? Should I wander out to the aisle first, see/decide if I want something from that area, and then go to the counter to find out what I'm assigned and if I want to upgrade it?

I'd probably be open to paying a few bucks for something nicer, but want to do it in a way that's least annoying for whoever is checking me out. It'll be at BWI if that makes any difference.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:57 am

Programs: Hertz 5 Star, National Executive, Priority Pass
PHX (6/29)
Free:
6 Impalas
1 2012 Escape
1 Elantra
1 Mustang V6 with 200 miles.

Upgrades:
2 ATS ($50/day)
1 G37x ($50/day)
1 LaCrosse ($25/day)
1 Maxima ($25/day)
1 GLK350 (no price tag)
1 C63 (no price tag)

Took the Mustang after being assigned an Impala, only to be told the car was put in Gold Choice by mistake. Ended up in a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu. (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...alibu-ltz.html)
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Is there a minimum booking class to take advantage of these upgrade offers?

I usually book fullsize and end up with a pretty nice upgrade at LAX as PC. But in case that not... who knows.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club, Priority Club
EWR (6/29)

Free:
Mazda 3
3 other sedans that I don't recall - but looked to all be midsize
Malibu

Paid:
Volvo Sedan $40
Mercedes C-class Sedan $50
Mercedes SUV (most likely GLK350) $99
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:46 am

Programs: ANA Miledge club, JAL Miledge bank, Hertz #1 Gold
6/28 LAX
2 Nissan pick-up trucks
Couple of Malibus
pretty empty
Lots of upgrades with no price tag
AMG C63
Aston Martin DB9
Porsches
Infiniti FX37 (I got it for 75/day)
Benz C250

6/23 SAN
bunch of mid size sedans
Dodge Charger for 20/day
Porches for under 200
Corvette for 75

All locations are getting Benz SLK no idea about price.
Looks like pretty basic trim with not enough power.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.