Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Prestige quote/reservation no longer shows mileage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emerald Club, Hhonors, Rapid rewards

I made several Prestige reservations a couple of months ago and the included mileage/cost of additional mileage were listed on the quote and reservation. Now when I put information on Hertz' website for a quote the mileage information is no longer included. Does this mean the rental has unlimited mileage?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Club Gold, Carlson Club
I have noticed the same thing. I have a minivan rented with Hertz to drive 900 miles to and from Port Canaveral for a cruise. It also does not specify a mileage. Doing searches on kayak.com have wielded similar pricing from the same locations with unlimited mileage. But I have sent an e-mail to them asking to confirm that it does in fact have unlimited mileage.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:39 am
Original Poster

I've only rented with Hertz a few times in the past so I don't know how strict/lax they are in these matters. How are renters supposed to determine how much a rental might cost if the mileage policy is not displayed when making the reservation? I submitted this question to Hertz customer service a few days ago and have yet to receive a respond. Looks like I might have to give them a call.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:45 pm

Any updates on this? I used to always see Unlimited Miles included or a number of allotted miles plus a charge. Now I don't see anything on the website.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I think it is a system glitch. It's in the source code (that's how I found that the R8 and 911 at SFO are limited to 75 miles per day), but for some reason it doesn't show up on the page. IMHO this is a big problem which needs to be fixed ASAP. It could potentially lead to some very unhappy renters and customers who will not return.

-J.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I think it is a system glitch. It's in the source code (that's how I found that the R8 and 911 at SFO are limited to 75 miles per day), but for some reason it doesn't show up on the page. IMHO this is a big problem which needs to be fixed ASAP. It could potentially lead to some very unhappy renters and customers who will not return.

-J.
Thanks, I just found it in the source code for the page as well. This does need to be fixed ASAP as I had a Prestige Car reserved that I thought included unlimited miles and it does not according to the source code.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

I submitted an inquiry with Hertz customer service about this over a month ago - below are my exchanges with them (I've removed names from the correspondences):

My initial inquiry submitted on 1/1/13

I've noticed that included mileage and the cost of additional mileage on
certain cars is no longer displayed when making a reservation. If the
mileage information is not displayed, does this mean the rental has
unlimited mileage? If not, then how do I find out the mileage policy for
cars I'm interested in renting?

Hertz' response 1/11/13

Thank you for your recent inquiry. We appreciate the opportunity to review
your concerns.

We apologize for any misunderstanding, however, we will need examples such
as your rental record numbers or reservation numbers that you have
questions on regarding if you were billed a mileage fee.

When you send the requested information, please reference the file number. You may send the requested information to
[email protected].

We look forward to receiving your response,

My response on 1/21/13

I just made a weekend reservation in April for a Corvette and there is no
information in the reservation regarding mileage. The confirmation code is
F7271498XXX. Can you please let me know whether or not this reservation
includes unlimited mileage? If it doesn't, what are the mileage terms?
Lastly, why doesn't the reservation quote or confirmation include mileage
information?

Hertz' response on 1/24/13

Thank you for your email.

Your rental rate includes 100 free miles per day; each additional mile is .39. I apologize that the mileage policy was not included in your booking on our website. I will forward this to our Web team for review.

I will also send you an email confirmation and the mileage policy should be included in that confirmation.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

My response on 1/25/13

Thank you for the information. Based on the approximate number of miles I intend to drive with this rental I'll incur an additional $100 charge for mileage. Knowing this in advance is very important as I would be quite irritated if I were blind-sided by this extra mileage expense when I returned the rental. Hopefully the website will be fixed soon so that the mileage terms are displayed with the quote and in the reservation confirmation. Thanks again.

Hertz' response on 1/25/13

I understand your concerns and I have been advised by our Web team that they expect to have our site updated soon.

Thank you for choosing Hertz!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I understand your concerns and I have been advised by our Web team that they expect to have our site updated soon.
Don't know if I should laugh or cry. Or maybe both. This could go either way.

-J.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:51 am

I just emailed them for my upcoming reservation. I'll let you know what I hear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.