Hertz.bomb Website Frustrations!

Old Dec 19, 12, 2:25 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM-AS MVP-B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy Gold-RHG Gold-Hilton Gold, Natl Exec-Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rewards
Hertz.bomb Website Frustrations!

We all know Hertz.com has issues, but today it's reached the point where I'm actually considering jumping ship to Avis

[RANT]

Each time any page under the hertz.com domain loads, I have to wait a good 15-30 seconds before the images (or maybe something else?) loads and until that point I can't click any buttons, links, or fields, nor can I type into any fields.

When looking at car selection, I get to the bottom of the top 10 and where there used to be a link to show the full selection, there is now nothing. I now must (attempt to) scroll back up to the top of the page and click "show all" there.

Finally, in trying to do some of the requests from the rate challenge thread, if a place has more than one location listed and no airport location (e.g. Cape Canaveral), I pick the location, and it redirects me to the homepage. I push submit, and it asks me to pick the location; I do that, and it sends me back to the homepage. In the last 30+ minutes I've only gotten past that page once. How does Hertz expect to make money if we can't even reserve cars?

[/RANT]

Peeking over fences and on other forums, I'm forced to wonder if the grass is greener (or whatever color) elsewhere.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Dec 19, 12 at 2:32 pm
Old Dec 19, 12, 3:43 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I just made 3 drama free bookings for 3 different cities...try a different browser or clearing the cache.

As for the grass being greener, well...it is, although it has nothing to do with the website.
Old Dec 19, 12, 3:50 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM-AS MVP-B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy Gold-RHG Gold-Hilton Gold, Natl Exec-Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rewards
Originally Posted by dwbf11 View Post
I just made 3 drama free bookings for 3 different cities...try a different browser or clearing the cache.

As for the grass being greener, well...it is, although it has nothing to do with the website.
Meh... it works again. Maybe this fever is getting to me

Although you didn't have a PC get rejected, not even once?

-J.
Old Dec 20, 12, 7:25 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Originally Posted by dwbf11 View Post

I tend to agree with that. Have you seen the other web sites? National's web site looks like it hasn't changed in years. I mean, okay, I'm all for functionality rather than stuff that breaks, but the res part of Hertz works pretty well for me and the others actually seem to have deficiencies in this area sometimes.

The problems described at the beginning of this thread are probably fleeting. Any web site can have problems at a given time. It certainly sucks if that's the time you're trying to use it, but it happens, and it's not unique to Hertz.
Old Jan 2, 13, 6:12 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Chrome

I've had similar problems using Firefox. When I switch to Chrome, it works fine.

Last edited by thebat; Jan 7, 13 at 8:09 am
Old Jan 13, 13, 10:04 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold
Hertz.co.uk

Originally Posted by thebat View Post
I've had similar problems using Firefox. When I switch to Chrome, it works fine.
I have installed Chrome on both my laptop and main PC for the sole purpose of accessing Hertz.co.uk. It fails to load in Firefox. I have found this with no other web site.

It's incredible that a major corporation like Hertz can't get its act together!
Old Mar 18, 13, 10:52 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Is anybody else having trouble logging on the website today? I can't login and it won't even take me to the "forgot password" page.

Member Number - A valid member number must be entered to log in or to create/find a password. [NZX005]
Unable to process request. Please try your submission again. [DE99]
-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Mar 18, 13 at 10:58 am
Old Mar 18, 13, 11:03 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jzweighaft View Post
Is anybody else having trouble logging on the website today? I can't login and it won't even take me to the "forgot password" page.

-J.
Yes I am having the same issue with using my username.
Old Mar 18, 13, 11:12 am

Count me in as folks having problems logging into the Hertz site today.

Originally Posted by Peatisback View Post
Yes I am having the same issue with using my username.
Old Mar 18, 13, 11:30 am

Same log-on problems here. Appears systematic.

Glad it's not just me.
Old Mar 18, 13, 12:32 pm

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
DZX006-198-ERR-4865175-38 - A severe application error has occured [DZX006]

not just any error.. but a "severe" one..
Old Mar 18, 13, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, and 15 min hold time if you call for Hertz Gold.

I get this: DZX006-198-ERR-4865522-38 - A severe application error has occured [DZX006]

I don't rent from Hertz that often anymore. Had the same issue last summer. They seem to have really bad IT.

I wonder what the uptime is for frequent renters?
Old Mar 18, 13, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Phew. I thought it was me but the site is having sever problems. Can't login at all right now.
Old Apr 17, 13, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold 0.527MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
Angry "We apologize but you don't have enough points to Redeem a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards"

This is really annoying. About a month ago Hertz tried to add a much-needed feature that allows redeem points by selecting "Use my Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points" as you enter your itinerary on the home page, rather than navigating to the "Use my Points" and selecting your redemption option prior to entering the itinerary.

On March 20, around the the this feature was activated, I wanted to book a weekend Adrenaline Collection rental using 3000 points. I went through the new process and when I got to the 'Review & Book' screen I received a message that said "We apologize but you don't have enough points to Redeem a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards."

Grammar issues aside, this would be fine if I didn't have 3000 points, but I had more than enough. I tried to book via the old method but ran into the same error. Ditto for Prestige/Specialty Collectionss and by entering the relevant PC#directly. Finally I gave in and used the miserable live chat system to book the car.

I work in the IT field so I optimistically wrote this off as a bug that somehow slipped through the testers but would surely be caught soon. Nearly a month later, I need to book another 3000 point rental and it is still completely broken, both functionally and grammatically.

Has anyone else run into this? If so, any luck finding a workaround that doesn't involve spending 30 minutes on the phone/live chat?
Old Jul 25, 13, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, National Exec, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, SPG Gold
Yep, also can't book with Rewards points online. Have tried every combination of cars/dates/locations. Have the miles but still get the the message that I don't have enough. Very frustrating.

Tried online chat, but they couldn't book for me. Looks like I'll have to call.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: