Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Carfirmation Enhancement: Mobile Gold Upgrades

Old Nov 29, 12, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold

I just got a note from Hertz that they're testing out an enhancement of their carfirmation e-mails. When I get my carfirmation e-mail on Monday (I will be at IAD), there will be a link to view other available cars. Did anyone else get this?
Old Nov 29, 12, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Originally Posted by TimF1975 View Post
I just got a note from Hertz that they're testing out an enhancement of their carfirmation e-mails. When I get my carfirmation e-mail on Monday (I will be at IAD), there will be a link to view other available cars. Did anyone else get this?
I didn't, but I sort of like this idea. I could totally see getting something like this:

Vehicle: CHEVY MALIBU
Plate: JUNK123
Stall: 2,385,384

Want to drive a different car? Here are other available cars:

11 COROLLA
12 COROLLA
12 AVENGER w/ Sirius
11 COROLLA
11 CHEVY AVEO
11 NISSAN ALTIMA

For $5 more per day, enjoy one of these specialty cars!

11 GRAND MARQUIS w/ Neverlost
12 CHEVY IMPALA w/ Sirius
12 CHEVY CAPTIVA

-J.
Old Nov 29, 12, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Considering the volume at locations like LAX, ORD and MCO, it seems unlikely that the available cars info would always be current.
Old Nov 29, 12, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Funny thing about this is that it didn't come from a generic email -- it's from someone in marketing at Hertz and has a link so I can fill out a survey afterward. I'm kind of curious what the choices will be. Hopefully I'll get the carfirmation before I'm on the shuttle which isn't always the case...
Old Nov 29, 12, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Funny thing about this is that it didn't come from a generic email -- it's from someone in marketing at Hertz and has a link so I can fill out a survey afterward. I'm kind of curious what the choices will be. Hopefully I'll get the carfirmation before I'm on the shuttle which isn't always the case...
Yeah, their timing can be a bit off
Old Nov 29, 12, 7:54 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
This is what I received; I'll report on my experience when I can:

Hertz is launching another new service and wants your help!

Following the success of the Hertz Carfirmation™ - your Mobile Gold Alert – we are planning a new improvement to let you choose a different car or an upgrade, all on your mobile phone.

In three simple clicks from your Hertz Carfirmation™ email or SMS, you can view alternative cars that are available at the time of your arrival.

We want to invite you to be the first to test our NEW Carfirmation™ Upgrade service on your upcoming rental at Los Angeles Airport on December 1

What happens next?

Make sure your profile is set up to receive Hertz Mobile Gold Alerts by visiting your Gold profile at Hertz.com

On your day of rental, you will receive your Hertz Carfirmation™ by email or SMS approximately one hour before your expected arrival time. There will be a link in that message to view other available cars.
I have a C reserved; the email says I have been assigned an F Altima. I get three choices as alternatives; a Mazda3 at the same price, a Mitsubishi Spyer for $10/day more, or a Yukon XL for $75 more. The deal is good for three minutes. I can also ask for other cars; the no charge option changes to a Sentra, a different colored Spyder, and a Suburban, all for the same prices.

The above was about an hour before my arrival (thank goodness for wifi on planes). When I got to LAX, I did a refresh on my iPhone. The offer was a Chrysler 200 for $10/day more, a Mustang GT for $50/day more, and a Corvette for $60/day more.

I ended up doing Gold Choice.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 3, 12 at 12:30 pm
Old Dec 3, 12, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

At least you got a link. There was no link or mention of the carfirmation upgrade in my email this morning.

I did think it was interesting that there was no rental agreement in my assigned car this morning. That's maybe the second time in my last 40 rentals that has happened.
Old Dec 3, 12, 12:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
I did think it was interesting that there was no rental agreement in my assigned car this morning. That's maybe the second time in my last 40 rentals that has happened.
Some airports are not printing contracts until you get to the gate.

It's a move towards paperless, starting with fewer reprints. With Gold Choice and other upgrade car change options, they realized it was a waste to print contracts for a vehicle you may not take. Not to mention the fact that your semi-private information is on that contract, and could be left in the vehicle for a stranger to find.

Drive your selected vehicle to the gate, show ID, and get your conract the gate.
Old Dec 3, 12, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rut Dog View Post
Some airports are not printing contracts until you get to the gate.

It's a move towards paperless, starting with fewer reprints. With Gold Choice and other upgrade car change options, they realized it was a waste to print contracts for a vehicle you may not take. Not to mention the fact that your semi-private information is on that contract, and could be left in the vehicle for a stranger to find.

Drive your selected vehicle to the gate, show ID, and get your conract the gate.
I understand what to do, but my last 20+ rentals (most recent being 11/26) at IAD had my contract in the car. Today was the day I was supposed to get my first "carfirmation upgrade link" and I was just wondering if they didn't put a contract in the car because of the new service.

Has anyone else gotten the link in their emails?
Old Dec 9, 12, 10:07 am
Company Representative - Hertz

We no longer preprint the contracts at the majority of locations for Gold customers. Since the launch of Gold Choice it is more efficient to print the contract at the exit gate once we know exactly what vehicle you selected. As for the enhancement of Carfirmantion, starting in 2013 we will send you via email or SMS text the car information you have been assigned, and a few choices you can exchange to right from your smartphone. Hope you all like this new industry exclusive service. As a reminder, the Gold Service process works best when we know exactly what flight you are on. We track the arrival of your flight and everything starts clicking once the aircraft is on approach to the airport – So please be sure to include you accurate flight info on all reservations so we can provide you the great service you deserve and expect!
Old Dec 9, 12, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

I got another email this weekend telling me that I will have a link in my carfirmation on Monday. We'll see if I actually get one...
Old Dec 10, 12, 10:01 am
Original Poster

I got the link in my carfirmation today. Showed a Crown Victoria for $17/day extra and Cadillac for $44/day extra. So I guess this is just for paid upgrades.

I got the added bonus this morning of arriving at the check-out gate and being told, "this car isn't in the system" which was interesting since it was the exact car, license plate and all, that was in my carfirmation. So I had to go back and take a gold choice.
Old Dec 10, 12, 2:03 pm

Programs: Platinum-CO-DL-Priority Club WN A-list Diomond-Hilton-BW Gold-Choice Hertz Presidents Club
I get a text message before every rental telling me the Car, Model, and Stall #. You can sign up for this on their website. I also get my receipt in my E-Mail in .pdf format. My receipt usually arrives before I get to the Airline Check-in.
Old Dec 10, 12, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Houston.Business View Post
I get a text message before every rental telling me the Car, Model, and Stall #. You can sign up for this on their website. I also get my receipt in my E-Mail in .pdf format. My receipt usually arrives before I get to the Airline Check-in.
Why are you telling us this?
Old Dec 11, 12, 4:37 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Interesting to note that for today's rental at LAX, I only received the standard Carfirmation email and no link to the upgrade service. So, I guess it not only varies from station to station, but also day to day.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: