Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Carfirmation Enhancement: Mobile Gold Upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carfirmation Enhancement: Mobile Gold Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Interesting to note that for today's rental at LAX, I only received the standard Carfirmation email and no link to the upgrade service. So, I guess it not only varies from station to station, but also day to day.
It seems like they're still working the bugs out. I'm one for two in getting the link even when getting the email telling me to expect it.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
They're calling it Mobile Gold Upgrades.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Hm, it doesn't say on that page that it's only in xyz locations now. Will be interesting to see on Friday if they are doing this at my HLE. I kinda doubt it. I don't think they've ever tried to get me to buy an upgrade at the counter, so not sure they will start doing so in the carfirmation. But then again, maybe it could be seen as untapped revenue potential....
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by CrazyOne
Hm, it doesn't say on that page that it's only in xyz locations now.
But it does on this more detailed page.

"Mobile Gold Alerts are currently available at select USA locations"
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Rut Dog
But it does on this more detailed page.

"Mobile Gold Alerts are currently available at select USA locations"
Oh, but I do get Mobile Gold Alerts from the HLE, have for a while now. I'm talking specifically about the upgrade part. Unless they flubbed that and meant to put "Upgrades" instead of "Alerts" there. Judging by the context and placement, that could be what happened.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:24 am
Original Poster

I had better results at IAD on Sunday night. Was assigned a Mazda 5, was offered a Jeep for free and a Chevy Traverse for $10/day extra. Clicked refresh again and was offered a Rav-4 for free and same Chevy for the up-charge.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by TimF1975
Clicked refresh again
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This sounds like a great idea.

Though on my last rental, in ATL, I didn't get a Carfirmation and my name wasn't even up on the board when I got to the rental center. After waiting nearly 10 minutes to see the lone agent in the gold booth, she rather quickly gave me the stall # and then I noticed it was on the board and I had just received the carfirmation. Not sure if it was some delay in them recognizing my flight arrival (and if you know ATL, you know it takes a while to get to the RCC), or whether it was another snafu and the agent pushed it all through.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ijgordon
This sounds like a great idea.

Though on my last rental, in ATL, I didn't get a Carfirmation and my name wasn't even up on the board when I got to the rental center. After waiting nearly 10 minutes to see the lone agent in the gold booth, she rather quickly gave me the stall # and then I noticed it was on the board and I had just received the carfirmation. Not sure if it was some delay in them recognizing my flight arrival (and if you know ATL, you know it takes a while to get to the RCC), or whether it was another snafu and the agent pushed it all through.
I usually have this problem when I give them my exact time of arrival. I then need to go in the booth to get the stall. Because of this I tend to give my arrival time 30min early, which seems to work.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I got my notification this morning at 7:24 am for an 8:00 am walk-in reservation at LAX (I'm local).

I was assigned a Chevy Malibu (F reservation). For the entire time from 7:24 until about 8:20 am when I was on the lot to pick up, I was offered the same 3 cars over and over and over (I refreshed at least 50 times from home to on the lot), a Mitsubishi Spyder white for $0 more, Ford Mustang CV gray for $10 more per day and a Ford Must GT SDN silver for $40 more per day.

My partner and I took a look at the cars in the Gold Choice area...nothing exciting...mostly Toyota Corolla's, Mitsubishi Galant's and Chevy Malibu's...and a few other unexciting choices (all midsize or full size). So, we then took a look at the Chevy Malibu we were assigned. Didn't care for it. So then I hit the Search vehicles with Neverlost button and was offered ONE different choice (the other two upcharge cars remained the same), a Chrysler 200 CV (convertable) for $0 more (Los Angeles is in the high 50's today with rain coming over the weekend...and I'm going to Northern California) and although I did hit the button for a car change, we decided to go back to the Gold Choice area. Luckily, right when we were looking at cars they drove in an almost brand new Toyota Camry. We picked that since the gas mileage and trunk space is great.

Carfirmation change was sent to my smartphone within less than a minute from the time I made the change to the Chrysler 200 CV. I looked at the Gold board about 2 minutes after I initianted the change and it had already changed to the new assinged spot (of the car I didn't end up taking anyway...but a nice experiment to watch the process).

I've got this car for a week. Driving into Hertz LAX next Friday for another car when I return this one. It was very quiet on the lot...we were the only ones ever looking in the Gold Choice area. Lots of cars on the lot.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:26 pm

My test today was nixed because I arrived about 30 min or so early and they hadn't done my paperwork yet. So I didn't get an email until they set me up with a car. That email says to check with the desk for today's specials or whatever the wording is, hehe.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
Lots of cars on the lot.
Sounds like you could have had your pick -- of cars on the lot, not just in the Gold Choice area.

But I do say the Chysler 200 Convertible is a fine ride, and an excellent free upgrade IMHO.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TSparky:19893404
I usually have this problem when I give them my exact time of arrival. I then need to go in the booth to get the stall. Because of this I tend to give my arrival time 30min early, which seems to work.
They have the arriving flight number and IME that's what triggers the car assignment and carfirmation, not the time. And we were 45min late anyway.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Picking up another car this morning (12/28 - 9 am) at LAX...returned my car from last Friday at the same time.

I was assigned a Chevy Malibu (same as last week - both F reservations) but eventually chose another Toyota Camry (same as last week) from the Gold Choice area (there were 4 convertibles in the Gold Choice area, a Mustang CV, a Chrysler 200 and two Mitusbishi Spyder CV's for no additional cost).

I was offered from Mobile Gold Upgrades a Chevy Impala, Mazda 6 and Dodger Avenger for $0 more (I kept refreshing - over 50 times - and they would rotate between the three). Deal of the Day is the Chevy Corvette CV for $30 more per day...and the Chevy Camero SS was available for $50 more per day (those last two cars...everytime). Carfirmation text came in 15 minutes later this week for an 8 am walk-in reservation (7:39 am vs. 7:24 am last week). I did not try this week for a Mobile Gold Upgrade vehicle that had Neverlost.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Got a "No cars available without NeverLost" message yesterday morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.