Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Adrenaline Collection with no SiriusXM Satellite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adrenaline Collection with no SiriusXM Satellite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage, Aerolineas Plus, Hertz, Hyatt, Marriott , SPG.
Thumbs up Adrenaline Collection with no SiriusXM Satellite

Hi everybody.

I rented an Adrenaline Collection car at HNL because, among other reasons, when I booked it, it said it had Sirius Radio.

Well, picked it and it has NO SiriusXM Satellite (it says no signal). Not happy about it.

What should be my approach when retrurning it? What do you think?

The Hertz Adrenaline Collection (TM) in the U.S. is a new, head-turning, heart-pumping collection of specialty, high performance versions of three of the most popular muscle cars today -- Chevy Camaro SS, Ford Mustang GT Premium, and Dodge Challenger RT. Relive the 60's & 70's muscle era with our models that have modern body lines and colors & designs that are reminiscent of those famous classic hot rods. The vehicles are reservable by make & model -- so the car you reserve is the one you get. SiriusXM Satellite Radio is included in the every Adrenaline rental in the US.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:52 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
i checked the Siriusxm page and the signal goes up to 200 miles off the coast of the lower 48, so it would work in parts of Canada as well, but not in Hawaii or Alaska.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:29 pm

As the previous poster mentioned, it's not a Hertz issue, its the fact the Sirius XM is not available in Hawaii...

Originally Posted by Hertz
SiriusXM Satellite Radio is available in over 50 Hertz locations in the U.S. Subject to availability and limited to vehicles in the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. Sirius or XM packages are available for an additional fee of US$5.00 per day plus tax. Ask your Hertz representative which package your vehicle will receive.
I do think they could be a bit clearer on their website about the availability of Sirius XM service.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Fun thread about where the Sirius/XM sats are:

http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/s...locations.html
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:27 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Did you pay the $5/day Sirius radio fee? If yes, I'd say you have a good argument to get that refunded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.