Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Under 25 Driver and waiving the additional driver fee for an under 25

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Under 25 Driver and waiving the additional driver fee for an under 25

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Under 25 Driver and waiving the additional driver fee for an under 25

Hello everybody!

I am about to make an online reservation in New York for about 2 weeks (via hertz.co.uk). I am a Gold Club Member and when I get to make the reservation I get a CDP code “GOLD FAMILY DISCOUNT PROGRAM”. When I completed the gold membership, I got a window saying that whenever I need to rent a car at Hertz I won’t have to pay the underage 25 fees that are being usually applied to drivers up to 24. I’m currently 21 years old. Therefore I wanted to ask you some questions. Is this true that the age fees will be waived?
Secondly, a friend of mine will be travelling with me to NY on that dates and he would also like to drive the car. He is 21 years old too and also a Gold Club Member with the same CDP code as me. I wanted to know if he has to pay that age differential that is usually being applied and the additional driver fees or if these fees can be waved using his drivers liscence and Gold Club Card. I’ve heard an experience from an acquaintance of me who was also in the exact same situation (Both drivers under 25 and both Gold Club Members) and they didn’t have to pay the additional driver fees as well as the age differentials for both drivers. If that’s right, then I’ll be sure to reserve the vehicle. I hope this is true, and we won’t need both of us to pay any extra fees. Anyone has made an experience with an additional driver, both being Gold members?
I tried to contact Hertz on the phone but everyone was giving me a different answer!

Thank you all for your time
Best, Nikolas
Old Nov 20, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Welcome to FT.

Yes, it looks like the underage fee will be waived with that CDP. See here for a similar post.

I can't say for sure about the additional driver. I think immediate family or business partners/employees are waived for any fees while all others are charged a daily fee.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your answer!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:09 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Welcome to FlyerTalk Nikolas.

Yes, you will definitely have your fee waived.

Please take a look at the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...9-20-24-a.html

I am not aware of the specific issue of an additional young driver being discussed, and think this would be very helpful to have in that thread.

As such, I'm going to close this thread, and copy your original post to that thread. This is simply to consolidate resources and helpful discussions.

You can find your post and my reply in that thread starting here.

Last edited by Rut Dog; Nov 21, 2012 at 3:32 am
Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by Rut Dog
I'm going to close this thread, and copy your original post to that thread. This is simply to consolidate resources and helpful discussions.

You can find your post and my reply in that thread starting here.
I'm leaving this thread open for now, in hopes of getting more exposure and a definitive answer on additional under 25 driver fee waiver.

And I changed the title of this thread to draw more attention to it.

- Rut Dog, Moderator, Hertz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.