Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Special Audi R8. C63/E63 and Panamera not Prestige anymore.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Hey, don't know if it's really new, but just noticed that Hertz changed vehicle guide. R8 was added under special, C63/E63 moved under Sedan and Panamera is now Other Reservable Model. I wish I had a chance to use the points for Panamera before they moved it from Prestige
Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:44 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
They got the Audi R8!!! All excited! Can't wait to rent it!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:04 am

R8, sweet, now which airport(s)?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Panamera was not redeemable with points in recent months. Iirc it was available briefly when just introduced...
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: Emerald Club, Hhonors, Rapid rewards
Originally Posted by JLewisinSyr
R8, sweet, now which airport(s)?
Looks like SLC is one airport where it can be rented after the second half of 2013. I booked one day for $529 including LDW - normal rate is $468/day and my discount reduced it to $404. One thing I found odd is that the description says "R8 or smiliar vehicle". Does this mean I might get something other than an R8?

Also, this is a little disconcerting:

You have selected a Guaranteed VehicleClose

You have selected a Guaranteed Vehicle

The vehicle you have selected requires a credit card to guarantee the reservation. A no show fee in the amount noted below will be charged if the reservation is not cancelled in the allotted time prior to the rental date.

1500 USD
Modify or Cancel within Hours
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Drathen
Looks like SLC is one airport where it can be rented after the second half of 2013. I booked one day for $529 including LDW - normal rate is $468/day and my discount reduced it to $404. One thing I found odd is that the description says "R8 or smiliar vehicle". Does this mean I might get something other than an R8?

Also, this is a little disconcerting:

You have selected a Guaranteed VehicleClose

You have selected a Guaranteed Vehicle

The vehicle you have selected requires a credit card to guarantee the reservation. A no show fee in the amount noted below will be charged if the reservation is not cancelled in the allotted time prior to the rental date.

1500 USD
Modify or Cancel within Hours
OMG we're getting the R8?? How did we get so lucky I have to be really nice to the crew at my HLE... and I'll keep hoping

That no-show fee is huge Also I' not sure what could be similar to an R8... hopefully they don't mean the Panamera.

-J.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:15 am
Original Poster

I still keep my fingers crossed to see either Porsche GT2 or Nissan GTR for "similar"

BTW, Hertz just moved C63 and E63 to Other Reservable Models category.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
OMG we're getting the R8?? How did we get so lucky I have to be really nice to the crew at my HLE... and I'll keep hoping

That no-show fee is huge Also I' not sure what could be similar to an R8... hopefully they don't mean the Panamera.

-J.
I'm sorry... I bungled the airport code - I meant SJC, not SLC. I just tried reserving the R8 for another day next summer and the daily charge is now $1169 with 75 free miles & $2.55 for each additional mile.

I wonder if Hertz will still honor my reservation for $529 & 100 miles?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Lenin
I still keep my fingers crossed to see either Porsche GT2 or Nissan GTR for "similar"

BTW, Hertz just moved C63 and E63 to Other Reservable Models category.
The Porsche would be sweet, the GTR would be fun but not in the same class.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Drathen
I'm sorry... I bungled the airport code - I meant SJC, not SLC. I just tried reserving the R8 for another day next summer and the daily charge is now $1169 with 75 free miles & $2.55 for each additional mile.

I wonder if Hertz will still honor my reservation for $529 & 100 miles?
You have a confirmed reservation
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:04 pm

Audi R8 finally listed at SFO around $360 per day with a $595 cancellation fee!!

SOLD OUT until late 2013, but I expect that to change once the cars arrive in the fleet

Can't see it at any other location yet!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by AndDee
Audi R8 finally listed at SFO around $360 per day with a $595 cancellation fee!!

SOLD OUT until late 2013, but I expect that to change once the cars arrive in the fleet

Can't see it at any other location yet!
Weekend rates in November are $169.49 per day!

FT Hertz DO in SFO, anyone?

-J.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:21 pm

Damn, that is great!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:12 pm

-J.
Wow, thats a great rate! Only question is how many miles per day are included and how much is additional mileage?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:12 pm

-J.
You have to be joking? an R8 for that! These cars are on par with the Gallardo and F430 Hertz have parked in front the Gold Office in Miami and those go for 1500 a day.

I would book it for a week at that price lol!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.