Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Movin’ with Music - You've probably got free music downloads.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite

I just received an email with codes for 15 free downloads. I do not even remember this promotion existing, but I guess it does. Check your email for your codes.

Last edited by Rut Dog; Sep 26, 2012 at 4:24 pm Reason: Adding to title
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I got codes as well. Agree, I forgot all about it
Old Sep 20, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
I guess I should appreciate this since I have 24 credits.

And though some of the things Hertz has tried in the recent past are certainly quirky (add this to the list) you have to hand it to someone up there giving creative freedom to at least some of the employees.

Personally, I'd like to see some of this creative energy focused on the front line workers who deal with customers every day. Some of the stories they tell me sound like they are straight out of a script meeting for "The Office".

It makes me kinda yearn for the old days when this guy...

... flew threw airports, because we knew that these guys had it right:

If only they could hire this creative fellow:

Old Sep 26, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
I'm making this a temporary sticky since many people probably don't know about it.

Meanwhile, if you don't have downloads, you can always stream Hertz Road Trip Radio.

Again I'm not sure at all what this has to do with renting a car.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum
I just got one of these emails and when I click the link to get the songs, I see a page with a runtime server error. Has this actually worked for anyone?

Also, this seems more like a promotion for buying soda than car rentals.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Sorry mr_burdell, I have not tried to actually download any music yet. I did, however earn 3 bonus songs for renting too many vehicles :rolleyes

You received these FREE song downloads for your Hertz rentals in September — three songs for each rental—PLUS, 3 extra songs on us for being one of our most loyal customers! Just click on the link(s) below to get your FREE music. You can choose from millions of songs from all types of genres.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I downloaded some music a week ago. Works fine. I then import them into iTunes to load on the iPhone/iPad.

Odd benefit but, one that reasonably valuable in that its an offer of something most people would want/use.

Who doesn't like music?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
Are they still giving credits?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:06 pm

I don't think so... I haven't seen "you've got credit" emails in a few months now, despite my many rentals.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:58 pm

Location: CP-ASEL,AMEL,G-IA in Tucson, Arizona, United States
I received one email with three free songs that I downloaded towards the end of December. I received another email with six free songs that I had to redeem by the end of January. I logged in on January 31 at 8:50pm mountain time and started selecting songs, but the website was really slow. I had five songs in my cart and started searching for the sixth song, but then they shutdown the website at 10:05pm mountain time and I started getting 404 errors. The URL now redirects to the main Hertz site. I wasn't happy that I wasted my time. I suppose I shouldn't have waited until the last day.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM+1MM; Marriott PP; Hertz PC
I didn't know they had an expiration. I still had about 50 free songs. Seems the site is dead now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.