Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platepass at Orlando Rental? will that be an option?

Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

I recently came across this "platepass" information and was a little confused.

I am picking up a Hertz car from the Orlando International Airport and driving to Universal Studio/Disney World. I understand there will be toll roads on route.

I read that the platepass also includes an administrative fee + tolls, is that correct? If so, can I opt-out and just pay the toll in cash when it comes along?

Thanks,
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by lililolo
I recently came across this "platepass" information and was a little confused.

I am picking up a Hertz car from the Orlando International Airport and driving to Universal Studio/Disney World. I understand there will be toll roads on route.

I read that the platepass also includes an administrative fee + tolls, is that correct? If so, can I opt-out and just pay the toll in cash when it comes along?

Thanks,
If you don't want to use the EZ lanes and just zip through, then choose one of the cash lanes and pay your money. Don't open the PlatePass/EZPass transponder on the windscreen of the car.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
If you don't want to use the EZ lanes and just zip through, then choose one of the cash lanes and pay your money. Don't open the PlatePass/EZPass transponder on the windscreen of the car.
Platepass does not have a transponder, it images the plate number from the car.

However, you are correct, just don't use the Sunpass Express lanes, if traveling from MCO to Universal you will not encounter any electronic toll only booths, so when you approach a toll area, make sure you are all the way to the right and follow the cash toll lanes off the main highway (they are separate and to the right on the main tourist routes in Orlando).
Old Sep 19, 2012, 5:16 am

Exactly as said, don't use the express lanes head for the ones that say CASH. I don't see why you won't want to use the plate pass though, its very convenient. Saves you a bunch of time and having to dig around for exact change. The fee is $2.95 plus any tolls you may encur.

http://www.mapquest.com/routeplanner Use this link to get a route without tolls if you wanna avoid them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.