Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Weekender Special

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Is anyone having trouble using this? I'm trying to do a Friday-Saturday 24 hour rental at a local corporate HLE (following all of the T&Cs) but the code just doesn't stick (i.e. it reverts to MCLE or whatever it is). It does work on a Saturday-only reservation but their hours are only 9am-3pm that day and they're closed on Sundays I'd rent from the airport but it takes an hour on public transit and the HLE is much more convenient, and around $8 cheaper in taxes and fees...

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Sep 6, 2012 at 11:06 pm
Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Is anyone having trouble using this? I'm trying to do a Friday-Saturday 24 hour rental at a local corporate HLE (following all of the T&Cs) but the code just doesn't stick (i.e. it reverts to MCLE or whatever it is). It does work on a Saturday-only reservation but their hours are only 9am-3pm that day and they're closed on Sundays I'd rent from the airport but it takes an hour on public transit and the HLE is much more convenient, and around $8 cheaper in taxes and fees...

-J.
------------------------------------------------
Are you Gold? I rent from my HLE frequently and have worked out a way to return the car to a hotel HLE with a valet during off business hours on Sat. and then work with the HLE to close out the contract on Monday with a Sat. return. Just make your res for Friday thru Monday, return the car on Sat., and let them adjust the bill on Monday.

PS This promo actually works better the longer your weekend rental. My best rate so far: $46.02 TOTAL for FOUR days!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by jan_believes
Here are the steps I took:

1. CDP: AAA code (look up your club number for the discount). Mine is "14".

2. PC: 135892 (Promotional Coupon)

3. RQ: FRDM (Rate Code)

HTH!
Its not letting me combined how did you do it?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
If you want to leave your basic res info (city or airport, dates, times), I can see if anything I suggest works for you....
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:00 pm

If you want to leave your basic res info (city or airport, dates, times), I can see if anything I suggest works for you....
Got it to work thanks for the offer

Last edited by fyaric; Sep 11, 2012 at 10:20 pm
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:38 am

@fyiric: Great!!!

Especially because as of this AM (0930), an error message is now appearing "A severe application error has occurred". Severe, indeed! Wonder if they meant server, but it's a moot point as it's severe to me!!!
Old Sep 15, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
@fyiric: Great!!!

Especially because as of this AM (0930), an error message is now appearing "A severe application error has occurred". Severe, indeed! Wonder if they meant server, but it's a moot point as it's severe to me!!!
Very frustrating. Just when I'm ready to book a trip, it crashes and burns.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, this is unbelievable.

Renting in Miami next month for 2 days. Base price (on Orbitz or Hertz.com with no CDP/codes) is about $215 (similar to Avis & Budget) for a Full Size. Had it down to ~$100 with my USAA CDP. Then added in the FRDM rate code and the $10 off PC and now it's $40 total!

Who says Hertz is expensive?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Wow, this is unbelievable.

Renting in Miami next month for 2 days. Base price (on Orbitz or Hertz.com with no CDP/codes) is about $215 (similar to Avis & Budget) for a Full Size. Had it down to ~$100 with my USAA CDP. Then added in the FRDM rate code and the $10 off PC and now it's $40 total!

Who says Hertz is expensive?
What's the trick? I'm trying all the steps outlined in this thread and am getting this:

•DZX006-198-ERR-2570510-37 - A severe application error has occured [DZX006]

Update: Found one trick. If I change from UA miles to Hertz Rewards, the modified reservation goes through. Weird. I then changed it back to UA, and it kept the new rate. My reservation dropped from $58 to $35. Woo hoo.

Last edited by vatraveler; Sep 17, 2012 at 6:17 am Reason: More info.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by chemist661
I would try to make the reservation using the frdm rate. The Hertz site is quite "buggy". When the reservation posts into your Hertz account (I am assuming you are Hertz Gold member), then modify clicking on the box "keep original rate plan" and adding the coupon. That worked for me.
THANK YOU for this. I have an immediate family member who works for Hertz, so I get the great discount rate, but always was just a little annoyed that I could never get it truly outrageously low by adding PCs. But this worked. Bwahahaha.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:06 pm

This worked good....I had a one way to get me from Manhattan to EWR this upcoming sunday, had it booked for $19.99 plus taxes, now it is down to a little over $13, so it works with those one day/one way reservations in NYC. Good way to not pay an arm and a leg for car service to EWR. Now i just gotta deal with doing the driving myself instead of somebody else. Thank you everybody.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by vatraveler
What's the trick? I'm trying all the steps outlined in this thread and am getting this:

•DZX006-198-ERR-2570510-37 - A severe application error has occured [DZX006]

Update: Found one trick. If I change from UA miles to Hertz Rewards, the modified reservation goes through. Weird. I then changed it back to UA, and it kept the new rate. My reservation dropped from $58 to $35. Woo hoo.
=====================

I'm gonna try that....

Eureka....my weekly rate for my 21-year old is $153.00 TOTAL! He does not have AAA. Hmmmm, just remembered, he has a USAA number, though....

Update: that rental was changed to add USAA CDP and final AI rate was less than $140.00. I was concerned about his driving so added the AMEX premium coverage for $19.95 so all told, it was about $160.00.

Last edited by jan_believes; Oct 16, 2012 at 11:19 am
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
This worked good....I had a one way to get me from Manhattan to EWR this upcoming sunday, had it booked for $19.99 plus taxes, now it is down to a little over $13, so it works with those one day/one way reservations in NYC. Good way to not pay an arm and a leg for car service to EWR. Now i just gotta deal with doing the driving myself instead of somebody else. Thank you everybody.
Can you elaborate on this? The Manhattan-EWR one-way rate usually requires RQ MOVEIT. Did you use that (with a coupon), or did you use RQ FRDM (with or without a coupon)?

Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Can you elaborate on this? The Manhattan-EWR one-way rate usually requires RQ MOVEIT. Did you use that (with a coupon), or did you use RQ FRDM (with or without a coupon)?

Thanks!
The system is buggy, so on one reservation I had to book it with just the MOVEIT quote, then i edited that and added the $10 off. The second reservation took both codes. I used the MOVEIT in the Rate Code and then 135892 in the promotional code. One thing I noticed was that a full size didn't always appear as an option, so i would select a corola, then on the next screen, it offered the upgrade at no extra cost. There were also times I got errors and had to start over, or it said that my location wasn't available for that rate. Just gotta play with it to get it to work, and sometimes have to wait an hour or two before doing it again. Kind of a pain, but worth it.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: Lotz
For this weekend DCA is showing higher rates, they must be out. BWI and IAD have the $14.99 still.

I combine it with my AAA cdp and get extra 10% off- $13.49 compact $16.49 for midsize.

Also, if you use AAA CDP, book XM radio for $2.50/day and they have to bump you to a higher car. Last week I reserved compact with XM and got a Camaro for $13.49/day !

Last edited by tassojunior; Sep 19, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.