Hertz Weekender Special

Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:21 pm

Is there a better RQ/PC combo to be using now?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Jordancl
Is there a better RQ/PC combo to be using now?
VSTPTE + 182092 IME gets you the best deal. However for now I'll be sticking with XCT1 +182092, since I want the points; luckily it won't cost much more, but it's more than I would have liked.

-J.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:39 pm

Thanks. Although after checking now there is nothing available with VSTPTE at FLL!? But when I switch to XCT1 there is plenty of inventory again.

Edit: and the PC makes things more expensive

Why didn't I book it earlier ugh

Last edited by Jordancl; Oct 1, 2013 at 4:48 pm
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Jordancl
Thanks. Although after checking now there is nothing available with VSTPTE at FLL!? But when I switch to XCT1 there is plenty of inventory again.

Edit: and the PC makes things more expensive

Why didn't I book it earlier ugh
For new reservations, you can no longer combine XCT1 or VSTPTE with a PC. They've fixed the glitch as you have discovered.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:53 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
A word of caution with using prepaid rates, i.e. RQ VSTPTE: you will not earn Hertz Gold Rewards points if you use this RQ. I learned this the hard way, and recourse was futile

-J.
Earning points is not restricted according to the VSTPTE RQ T&C's.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by trek87
Earning points is not restricted according to the VSTPTE RQ T&C's.
I know. Try asking for the points and telling them that

-J.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:27 am

-J.
Right on. Thanks for heads up!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:11 pm

-J.
I've had a similarly frustrating experience trying to get airline miles on VSTPDE rentals.

As far as I can tell, Hertz's system sees the prepaid voucher generated by the RQ so coming from a third party like a tour operator, making the rental ineligible. Even though CS admits the see the rental coming from Hertz.com they say they can't do anything about it.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 1:27 pm

For a few trips I have coming up, these rates are pretty good, so I think I'll just forego the points in this case (since I'm saving about 50%). I've never been able to stomach the far higher rates the website wants to charge me for the privilege of earning airline miles anyway. They always seem to be higher by 25% or more.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:24 pm

For Las Vegas it was still working today using CP 182092 and VSTPTE - total for a mid-size is < $33 for Saturday to Monday.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Train
For Las Vegas it was still working today using CP 182092 and VSTPTE - total for a mid-size is < $33 for Saturday to Monday.
Not sure if its supposed to work for these days but I couldn't get that combo to work for a Fri-Sunday in Phoenix
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Had a one-day reservation this past weekend and I used the XCT1+182092 combo in the reservation. The statement of charges showed however it used a MCLE rate. I don't mind though since it was a dollar less than the original reservation said it would be

-J.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Train
My Hertz reservation page redirects me to the link below when viewing rates for various dates/weekends....

Weekend Offers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.