Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Free Rental Certificate Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Hertz Free Rental Certificate Question

Hi Everyone

I have question I have two Hertz Free Rental Certificate from a company, I have the CDP with free insurance from my employer , I want to know is it possible to use the CDP of company with Hertz Free Rental Certificate from a another company, so that i will end with only paying the taxes. Please advice
Old Aug 22, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum, National Emerald Exec Elite
You should be able to use the free rental certs because they are actually a PC code. You should book with whatever CDP you want and then keep the certs to turn in at return.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: Double Platinum all programs (Shh it's a secret level)
Whatever you do, make sure you turn in the certificates when you return the car. I didn't, and they charged me full price for the rental three months later. It took a few phone calls and two letters to finally get it straight. I wasn't even trying to use the certs again, I was just in a rush. Again, make sure someone takes the certificates and knows what to do with them.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You'd have to be careful and check that (1) the "free insurance" on the corporate CDP applies to free rental days, and (2) the corporate CDP can be used on personal (non-business related) rentals.

Neither of these are a given.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.