Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Camaro SS Convertible pulled from New York Fleet???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Camaro SS Convertible pulled from New York Fleet???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Question Camaro SS Convertible pulled from New York Fleet???

Hi, I've been waiting for the summer to rent the Camaro SS convertible in New York City, but noticed it doesn't even show up anymore. Does anyone have any idea what happened to it? How can there be no convertibles in the NY fleet for the summer?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Really!?!? No Hertz renters form New York on FT? No reps care to weigh in? No expert opinions?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
in the NYC the whole summer season is one big mess, its insane expensive prices , a lot of times they don't have the car you requested and most of the time most vehicles are sold out. try to make a reservation this weekend or next one, most of the cars are sold out, even just premium or luxury, at LAX this weekend, they have 35 type of cars available and only 4 are sold out, in NYC at all the locations, they only have 25 type of cars with 16 sold out! even they would have had the Camaro convertible it would have been sold out, I did see last week a Camaro convertible at EWR, they were charging an insane 100$ a day upgrade fee.
Hertz needs to get in shape in the NYC area summer season
Old Jul 27, 2012, 3:23 am

It doesn't mean there aren't ANY SS Convertible Camaros. It means that there aren't enough to reserve one.

Try calling the branch(es) directly and seeing if you can book it. The worst they can say is no or they can book it but can't guarantee it.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 2:13 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by fresar
in the NYC the whole summer season is one big mess, its insane expensive prices , a lot of times they don't have the car you requested and most of the time most vehicles are sold out. try to make a reservation this weekend or next one, most of the cars are sold out, even just premium or luxury, at LAX this weekend, they have 35 type of cars available and only 4 are sold out, in NYC at all the locations, they only have 25 type of cars with 16 sold out! even they would have had the Camaro convertible it would have been sold out, I did see last week a Camaro convertible at EWR, they were charging an insane 100$ a day upgrade fee.
Hertz needs to get in shape in the NYC area summer season
It's not Hertz that's insane - demand is hugely high, and they can charge premium prices, so they do. Any comparison between LAX and NYC is simply irrelevant. At LAX, all the locals already HAVE cars - it's visitors who rent. In NYC, it's locals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.