Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with Hertz in Boston

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA EP, Marriott Plt
Problems with Hertz in Boston

Has anyone else noticed problems with Hertz in Boston? I rent a car each month and my last few rentals have gone like this:
1. My car broke down just outside the tunnel to the airport. Had to be towed.
2. Consistently waiting 30 min or more at Gold service for a car because of computer issues or no cars. Names on the board have *** next to them.
3. After waiting 30 min accepted a car with significant damage and high mileage, because I didn't know when I would get another and was already late
4. Received an even worse car the next time, possibly the worse car I have ever rented. This car had almost 63000 miles, numerous scratches and scrapes on the body, no gas cap (an obvious safety hazard, never thought to check) and vulgar words scratched into the central console.

The employees are under a lot of stress and help when they can.

The response from Hertz Customer Relations "Please be assured the appropriate Hertz Area Manager has been notified of your experience so this matter can be thoroughly reviewed."

Is it a Boston thing? Are National and Avis having problems too?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
It's a Hertz thing...and not just in Boston. Read through some of the threads in this forum and you'll see. I had my worst experience ever with Hertz yesterday at LAX where they accused me of damage to their already damaged vehicle (which is about every vehicle they have these days). I had to file a claim with my insurance company to protect myself. I will be happy to sue Hertz for fraud if my insurance company pays the claim and I have to pay my deductible.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I reserved an E-class, gone through four with service lights before they moved me to a GL450 which the right outside of Boston with a check engine light (the red Check Engine light, not the yellow one). Limped back to the airport. Went back to another E-class (their last one on the lot apparently), then while I was in NYC, the antitheft got activated for some reason and I had to get the car towed to the airport where they gave me a GLK to oneway back to Boston.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Thumbs down

To the OP - this is a BOS thing. Although they just got a brand new, beautiful new rental car terminal - it's still the same horrible customer service and pick up process. I'm talking world class worst locations to rent a car.

I'm Pres. Circle and couldn't care less about getting an upgrade or special treatment. But it took me 45 minutes to pick up a car there with absolutely zero complications from my side. No questions, no comments, no requests.

Have fun with the "no clean cars" "none in your class" "they're trying to find one for you"......
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Similar issues here. Last week, I get down there, name is not on the board, maybe 8-10 people ahead of me in line. Gold Choice area is a joke. Everything there was a downgrade. They finally get me a car, and it has this annoying "low washer fluid" alert on the dash. They had to have seen that, they couldn't bother to fill it?

A co-worker keeps telling me how great National is. If things continue like this I may switch come January 1.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
A BOS problem.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...?highlight=bos
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...?highlight=bos
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:13 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Maybe, I am living in alternative universe, but I've had good luck in Boston over the past 3 years. Once in the winter, I booked an Icar and as it was winter, was given a nice Subaru 4wd, I think it was a Legacy sedan. A couple of weeks ago, I booked an Fcar for the weekend and walked out with a clean Grand Cherokee with 10k on it for an upgrade charge of $10 per day.

I've scored some reasonable upgrades there for a Mustang Convertible, the Mercedes GL350 and a Cadillac CTS.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:30 am
Used to be 'TheManWhoFlewTooMuch'

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Delta Diamond emeritus, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CalItalian
It's a Hertz thing...and not just in Boston. Read through some of the threads in this forum and you'll see. I had my worst experience ever with Hertz yesterday at LAX where they accused me of damage to their already damaged vehicle (which is about every vehicle they have these days). I had to file a claim with my insurance company to protect myself. I will be happy to sue Hertz for fraud if my insurance company pays the claim and I have to pay my deductible.
This happened to me at JFK a couple of months ago. Apparently I was supposed to fill out a damage form before accepting the car, but nobody was around at rental time to offer that. I figured they were keeping track of the condition of their vehicles.

So upon return they made me fill out an accident form, and I just had to keep writing question marks, and noting that there was no accident, vehicle was already damaged. I haven't heard anything further from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.