Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a specific car worth it?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Booking a specific car worth it?

I'm planning a trip from LAS out to Zion National park and will be putting a few miles on the car.

I'm trying to save a couple $ on fuel. Its a whopping $40 surcharge from F to reserve a Camry... is the mileage savings going to be worth it? Or should I just save the $40 and bank on the Gold Choice aisle to have at least a Malibu (with similar mileage) to grab if I get something that I don't like in my Gold space?
Old May 18, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DestinyVP
I'm planning a trip from LAS out to Zion National park and will be putting a few miles on the car.

I'm trying to save a couple $ on fuel. Its a whopping $40 surcharge from F to reserve a Camry... is the mileage savings going to be worth it? Or should I just save the $40 and bank on the Gold Choice aisle to have at least a Malibu (with similar mileage) to grab if I get something that I don't like in my Gold space?
All depends on the miles you are putting on your car and the cost of gas. Basic math after that.
Old May 18, 2012, 2:51 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
If over the course of your driving you save ten or twelve gallons of gas (or whatever the math works out to be in that area) then it's worth it.

It all depends on what the choice is if you don't do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.