Search

Charged for rental that I didn't use

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 12:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Dinner recommendations: pork!
Charged for rental that I didn't use

I am Hertz #1 Gold. I made a reservation. It was not a prepaid and there's no penalty for no-shows. Later, I tried to cancel the reservation online but did not see the reservation on the list of my future reservations.

The rental was in Oakland.

Now I am being charged for the rental and the receipt notes that I drove 200 miles.

I called Hertz and they will credit my credit card for the entire amount. I asked how this happens. The agent said sometimes one person will do part of the recording and another person does another and somehow they get it wrong.

If the charge is really reversed, all that I can say is...odd.
Old May 3, 2012, 1:01 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
There are several other threads like it with people saying they get a receipt with check out and check in times, miles driven, and sometimes even gas that is replaced. Not sure why it happens, but it's not unheard of.

Like this one a couple weeks ago

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...xperience.html
Old May 3, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I find that you cannot see same day rentals in your 'future reservations' look up online. If you enter the confirmation number, you can cancel the reservation.

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.