Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

You can transfer Hertz Gold points to spouse!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You can transfer Hertz Gold points to spouse!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Originally Posted by User Name
Hmmm... anyone know what's with the:

at the foot of the page?
That's always been the case. I seem to have heard 4 rentals in a year as a minimum here and there. Whether that will also apply separately to the spouse account I don't know, possibly.

Although I think it may be in doubt whether you really have to have 4. Maybe a couple is enough. Maybe none! At least if you've had some activity before. I can't recall anyone coming onto this forum and saying Hertz charged them for RENEWAL of Gold. A few may have paid the first year, but most of us found a way to get that for free too. A number of people have said they were going to stop using Hertz, and I've never heard of any of them being charged for Gold that year when they've stopped. I've checked some old threads, and a couple people said they went 2-3 year stretches with NO Hertz activity and still had a usable Gold account when they went to rent with Hertz again.

So basically, sign up, rent a few times. As long as there's some activity here and there the Gold account will stay active. It's not impossible for them to start killing them but highly unlikely. Part of the reason is that standard Gold service is not hugely different than levels of service you can get officially and completely for free at other agencies. So they don't have a lot of grounds to keep charging you year after year for it.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Presumably if they did decide to charge they'd notify you first?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:01 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
(bump) because this is worth bumping
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by holodoc
In the UK - Hertz will not transfer points to your spouse
Their own published T&Cs allow it though... under "What About Using Hertz Gold Plus Rewards?" - "Gold Plus Rental Rewards are only transferable to a member’s spouse or domestic partner. Spouse or domestic partner should have his/her own #1 Club number to use the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Rental Free Day(s)". I've not tried myself but would be most unimpressed if they won't follow their own rules.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:29 pm

Is this still true today?

I can't find this provision on Hertz' website. Does someone have the link to the actual policy on their website, as described by the OP last year?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold 5*, United,Virgin and AA
http://www.hertz.co.uk/rentacar/emem...-n1Awardsterms

Gold Plus Rewards Rewards points are only transferable to a member's spouse or domestic partner. Prior ro any Gold Plus Rewards Points transferts, the member's spouse or domestic partner must have his/her own #1 Club number to use the Gold Plus Rewards Rental Free Day(s).

just found this on the UK site

now going to ring Hertz and get my wife's points transfeered
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:00 am

Just did this and it worked flawlessly! Wish they made it easy to just transfer points through the app/website instead of having to call in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.