Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Business Rewards free day certificates

Hertz Business Rewards free day certificates

Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:21 am

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by sokolov
What is the catch? Will I no longer be able to use the CDPs I have been using?
I don't have a clue what Hertz uses to determine my rate, but the rate with my own business's CDP (as in, the small company that I own for which there are only two renters, me and my wife) is often significantly cheaper than the prevailing rate, and usually around the same as the AAA rate (usually within a few bucks either way, sometimes cheaper than it by more than that).

So my default is to use my own CDP, get the Business Rewards certs, use them, etc.

As far as I can tell, days on which you redeem the Business Rewards certs also count towards earning new ones, which is a nice bonus.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:40 pm

New question. My employer gave me some Hertz Earned Free Rental Day certificates. Am I able to apply these to an existing pre-paid reservation? I made the reservation using the AMEX CDP, so it won't match my employer's CDP. Would that be a problem?

Just wondering if I can show up with these certs and have free days deducted. I suppose it's probably not that easy, though

If not, I guess I'll just have to cancel the pre-paid reservation and eat the $50 cancelation fee in order to use these free days. It'll be worth it, because this is for a Hawaii rental.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:50 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
New question. My employer gave me some Hertz Earned Free Rental Day certificates. Am I able to apply these to an existing pre-paid reservation? I made the reservation using the AMEX CDP, so it won't match my employer's CDP. Would that be a problem?

Just wondering if I can show up with these certs and have free days deducted. I suppose it's probably not that easy, though

If not, I guess I'll just have to cancel the pre-paid reservation and eat the $50 cancelation fee in order to use these free days. It'll be worth it, because this is for a Hawaii rental.
No, they cannot be used on a prepaid reservation. Assuming these say "Business Rewards" at the top, the rental must be pay-at-counter in order to use them. You would make a new reservation using the CDP on the certificate and in the PC code field, you'd enter the PC code on the back of the certificate. If the rental is for more than one day, then you would enter the PC code along with the letter X and then the number of days (up to 7 max). So for example, if your company's Hertz CDP was 111111 and the PC code on the back of the certificate was 55555 and you wanted to rent for 7 days you'd enter:

Hertz CDP: 111111
PC Code: 55555X7

If you did this correctly, then you should see a credit for the entire amount of the base rental cost something like this:

Time and Mileage: $450
Promotional coupon: -$450

You'd only be left to pay the taxes and fees, but in almost all cases, they will be inflated on the quote and you'll pay less (often much less) than what it says there.

You can reserve up to a premium car for the same cost, so you might as well do that. Lastly, you can skip the counter if you're Hertz Gold (recommended) since you don't have to hand in the certificates until you return the car.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
No, they cannot be used on a prepaid reservation. Assuming these say "Business Rewards" at the top, the rental must be pay-at-counter in order to use them. You would make a new reservation using the CDP on the certificate and in the PC code field, you'd enter the PC code on the back of the certificate. If the rental is for more than one day, then you would enter the PC code along with the letter X and then the number of days (up to 7 max). So for example, if your company's Hertz CDP was 111111 and the PC code on the back of the certificate was 55555 and you wanted to rent for 7 days you'd enter:

Hertz CDP: 111111
PC Code: 55555X7

If you did this correctly, then you should see a credit for the entire amount of the base rental cost something like this:

Time and Mileage: $450
Promotional coupon: -$450

You'd only be left to pay the taxes and fees, but in almost all cases, they will be inflated on the quote and you'll pay less (often much less) than what it says there.

You can reserve up to a premium car for the same cost, so you might as well do that. Lastly, you can skip the counter if you're Hertz Gold (recommended) since you don't have to hand in the certificates until you return the car.
Thank you for the information, Autoslash!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss

Before you cancel your existing reservation, book a new reservation with the coupons, to make sure they'll work. They do have blackout dates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.