Renting Adrenaline Under 25?

Old Sep 9, 11, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Renting Adrenaline Under 25?

Hello everyone, I found this site doing a Google search and I figured I'd post up for some advice. I'm 22 years old and I'm taking a trip out to Los Angeles at the end of September. My friend and I decided we would rent a car for two days so we could do some driving on the Pacific Coast Highway and also see some of the neighboring areas of the city. We decided to go with a convertible (it's Cali, wouldn't you?)

I started looking around the Hertz website before I remembered I have a CDP number. After entering it, the Prestige cars and Adrenaline cars became available for rent -- this seemed odd to me. I called up Hertz and the representative told me she wasn't seeing all of the age restrictions for me. She said I couldn't rent a Prestige vehicle, Challenger or Camaro, but for some reason she could put me in a Mustang GT. When the choice became chancing a Chrysler 200 convertible/Eclipse Spyder or taking a Mustang GT, I forgot the whole convertible idea .

This brings me to my question, what made me eligible for the Mustang GT? Is it a fluke in the system, and I'm going to arrive and be denied the car, or was it something with my CDP number that made me eligible for the Mustang? I've got the reservation all set up, so hopefully I won't have a problem getting the car when I arrive. My CDP number is part of my Cross Country Motor Club membership that I have because of the extended warranty on my personal vehicle, so I find it odd this would make me eligible for a Mustang GT.
Old Sep 9, 11, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Welcome to FT!
Search is your friend. Your question has been asked many times http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...t-coupons.html
While you may be able to book an Adrenaline Collection vehicle online, Hertz is quite clear about not renting you one.
The big issue would be if you got into an accident, then any insurance cover would likely be voided.
Old Sep 9, 11, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer View Post
Welcome to FT!
Search is your friend. Your question has been asked many times http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...t-coupons.html
While you may be able to book an Adrenaline Collection vehicle online, Hertz is quite clear about not renting you one.
The big issue would be if you got into an accident, then any insurance cover would likely be voided.
Ah, thanks for pointing out that link. I decided to give Hertz a call to see what one of their representatives had to say. They told me I was able to rent the car and I should have no problem when I get to the airport. They verified that my reservation went through and that it had been confirmed. Now I'm getting skeptical, I don't want to get to the airport and not have the car.
Old Sep 9, 11, 6:57 pm

Does your CDP waive the underage fee, or are you also using the Underage Coupon? If the latter, exotic and expensive cars are automatically blacked out during the online reservation process.
Old Sep 9, 11, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
Does your CDP waive the underage fee, or are you also using the Underage Coupon? If the latter, exotic and expensive cars are automatically blacked out during the online reservation process.
The underage coupon is unavailable with the prestige or adrenaline lines. According to the representative I spoke to my CDP waives the age restriction on the GT, but not on other vehicles, which seems odd to me. Now I'm debating changing back to a convertible so I don't get stuck carless (I don't need one out there, I just wanted a fun vehicle for the first two days to do some fun exploring).

Search this Thread