Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Concern over adrenaline collection car booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

I have booked a challenger rt between SFO and lax this September. When I now check the hertz site it says these cars aren't available one way. Do you think they will actually let me have my one way booking, or will they try and change it!?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Harok
I have booked a challenger rt between SFO and lax this September. When I now check the hertz site it says these cars aren't available one way. Do you think they will actually let me have my one way booking, or will they try and change it!?
Hiya, I am in the same boat, I have reserved a Mustang GT between San fran and Vegas one way, I was able to make this booking but now for new bookings it isnt possible, my friend has instead booked a volvo c70. I cannot find anything on the Hertz site that says adrenaline cars are not available one way. I thought it would be ok so long as the drop off also held the adrenaline range (which mccarran does)
Old Jul 13, 2011, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by pritesh_a
Hiya, I am in the same boat, I have reserved a Mustang GT between San fran and Vegas one way, I was able to make this booking but now for new bookings it isnt possible, my friend has instead booked a volvo c70. I cannot find anything on the Hertz site that says adrenaline cars are not available one way. I thought it would be ok so long as the drop off also held the adrenaline range (which mccarran does)
BOOOO I just found this link in the hertz site. Adrenaline cars are not mentioned in the 5th point

http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/byr/in...nited%20States

Last edited by pritesh_a; Jul 14, 2011 at 7:36 am
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:58 am
Original Poster

BOOOO I just found this link in the hertz site. Adrenaline cars are not mentioned in the 5th point

What link?

My reservation says 'ONE WAY RENTAL CONFIRMED', so i'd like to hope it's ok.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Harok
What link?

My reservation says 'ONE WAY RENTAL CONFIRMED', so i'd like to hope it's ok.

Please see link above, Im tempted to call Hertz and ask them whether they are just going to fk me over and give me a cruddy car...I'd rather know now and then go ahead and book a merc or Volvo C70
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Please see link above, Im tempted to call Hertz and ask them whether they are just going to fk me over and give me a cruddy car...I'd rather know now and then go ahead and book a merc or Volvo C70
That link just goes to the home page.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:50 am
Original Poster

I have a booking confirmation that says the level is 'prestige' and the car 'Challenger RT'. No 'or similar'. So why should they be able to give me something else?

I'm going to forget about it now and see what happens.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:44 am

Link works for me at second attempt. On my booking the Mustang GT shows up as fun collection.

I hope it all works out..
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
You have a reservation, that is all that matters!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:11 am

I drove a Dodge Challenger from San Francisco to Las Vegas, so I can confirm they do one way.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold 5*, United,Virgin and AA
I booked a Camaro SS from MIA and got a crap 3.6 Charger now trying to get back the difference in rental charges approx 50%, complete rip off !!! beware this could happen to you!!!!!!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by andysa
I drove a Dodge Challenger from San Francisco to Las Vegas, so I can confirm they do one way.
Thats good news, Did you book in advance? I've already booked my Mustang GT over the net but now we cant book another, the site isn't allow the adrenaline range one way. Wondering if we can pick up another mustang or challenger when we get to San Fran?
Old Oct 22, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Rented a Mustang GT from the Adrenaline Collection for a week from SFO, then spontaneously decided to go to LA for the weekend and drop the car off at LAX instead and fly back. Called the Gold hotline and asked them to change the return location which they happily did. Will return the car tomorrow so if there's any problems I'll let you all know.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:23 pm

So this thread is extremely old but wondering the same thing. I want to book a Mustang GT one way from SFO to LAS, but it won't quote it... I'm gold if it helps.

Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
Worth checking, but I cannot imagine it will be a problem. I think they are trying to avoid getting a pile of Adrenaline cars stuck where they cannot take bookings for them,l and the only way to repatriate them is to offer a juicy upgrade to someone...... but to one-way it to another location that stocks them is less likely to be a problem I'd have thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.