FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Hertz 24/7 (was Hertz on Demand (was Hertz Connect)) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1232947-hertz-24-7-hertz-demand-hertz-connect.html)

TerryK Jul 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by dc2005b (Post 25184558)
I just came across this article which says Hertz will stop operating the 24/7 car sharing service in USA due to lack of profit.....

Bummer.:( I don't use it much but it comes in handy from time to time. Need to sign up for Zipcar now.

BugsyPal Jul 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by dc2005b (Post 25184558)
I just came across this article which says Hertz will stop operating the 24/7 car sharing service in USA due to lack of profit.

http://www.autorentalnews.com/channe...g-service.aspx

It will continue to operate outside of USA though.

Responded to that thread in detail but will just sum things up again:

Yes, Hertz's carsharing program (Hertz 24/7) will *end* but the scheme is being rolled into something likely to be known as "Hertz Gold on Demand" or some such. If you are a Hertz 24/7 member and or Hertz Gold you should have received information or will soon.

Basically from what one understands things will pretty much function the same as Hertz 24/7 does now, but you will have to be a HG member. Vehicle locations may also change. That is instead of going to private garage it may be a dedicated Hertz location.

Hertz 24/7 is already out of Hoboken, NJ: http://www.hudsonreporter.com/view/f...Most_commented

themicah Jul 30, 2015 7:48 am

I'm supremely confident that a fourth branding identity for this service in less than 10 years will make it hugely successful. :rolleyes:

oldgoldflyer Jul 30, 2015 7:56 am

You can cut the sarcasm with a knife!

Originally Posted by themicah (Post 25195415)
I'm supremely confident that a fourth branding identity for this service in less than 10 years will make it hugely successful. :rolleyes:

TerryK Sep 24, 2015 1:22 am

Originally Posted by BugsyPal (Post 25193289)
....Yes, Hertz's carsharing program (Hertz 24/7) will *end* but the scheme is being rolled into something likely to be known as "Hertz Gold on Demand" or some such. If you are a Hertz 24/7 member and or Hertz Gold you should have received information or will soon.

Basically from what one understands things will pretty much function the same as Hertz 24/7 does now, but you will have to be a HG member. Vehicle locations may also change. That is instead of going to private garage it may be a dedicated Hertz location....

What happened to this new "Hertz Gold on Demand"?:confused: Hertz247 went away in USA but I cannot find any information about this "Hertz Gold on Demand".:(

BugsyPal Sep 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK (Post 25470743)
What happened to this new "Hertz Gold on Demand"?:confused: Hertz247 went away in USA but I cannot find any information about this "Hertz Gold on Demand".:(

Who the heck knows with that company! Roll-out delayed, changed their minds, whatever. I've using Enterprise when can find some pretty good low daily rates. Besides it all helps rack up my 1-2 Free points.

Quite honestly IMHO Hertz is one hot mess.

cestmoi123 Sep 28, 2015 8:34 am

Hourly car hire as a business has taken a hit from Uber in many markets. Looks like Hertz got squeezed between Uber on one side and the better established Zipcar and Enterprise on the other.

BugsyPal Oct 1, 2015 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK (Post 25470743)

Took one for the team and made a phone call.

Surprisingly Hertz 24/7's customer service telephone still works in the USA so was able to get some information from the nice rep about Hertz Gold on Demand.

In response to my query was told Hertz Gold on Demand has been rolled out in two markets; Oklahoma and Dallas which is where most of the now defunct Hertz 24/7 fleet was sent. CS rep seemed to think full roll out/additional locations won't happen until new fleet arrives as it would be easier to equip those vehicles with the required technology. No date was given however for all this to happen.

My guess is we should see something either around Christmas but probably in the new year after the madness of holiday rental season is behind Hertz.

Auto Enthusiast Oct 2, 2015 7:43 am

So theoretically places like Oklahoma etc, where a lot of people own cars and businesses have free parking, are getting truckloads of the old busted up hourly cars with NY and NJ plates, regions they are probably not that enamored of. Yes, as usual, it sounds like Hertz has a great plan.

BugsyPal Oct 2, 2015 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast (Post 25508013)
So theoretically places like Oklahoma etc, where a lot of people own cars and businesses have free parking, are getting truckloads of the old busted up hourly cars with NY and NJ plates, regions they are probably not that enamored of. Yes, as usual, it sounds like Hertz has a great plan.

If indeed former Hertz 24/7 vehicles were sent to Dallas and or Oklahoma am sure the worse of that lot didn't make the trip. Used the service quite a lot and at least for the two Manhattan preferred locations the offerings weren't that bad. Some normal wear and tear (scratches maybe small dings) but no worse than some of the things I've gotten from National or Enterprise recently.

Oklahoma is where Hertz has offices IIRC so maybe that factored into the decision. Perhaps easier to monitor the roll-out or whatever. Considering what a mess they made of Hertz Connect/Hertz on Demand/Hertz 24/7 am assuming the new CEO wants to get this latest innovation correct.

ijgordon Oct 4, 2015 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by cestmoi123 (Post 25488516)
Hourly car hire as a business has taken a hit from Uber in many markets. Looks like Hertz got squeezed between Uber on one side and the better established Zipcar and Enterprise on the other.

Well, I had to go to NJ to meet friends for brunch this past weekend, and would have taken a 24/7, but was basically forced to go via Uber since the shutdown... So I suppose you're right in that Uber has had a hand.

cestmoi123 Oct 5, 2015 6:32 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 25518657)
Well, I had to go to NJ to meet friends for brunch this past weekend, and would have taken a 24/7, but was basically forced to go via Uber since the shutdown... So I suppose you're right in that Uber has had a hand.

People that make you go to NJ aren't "friends" by any reasonable definition.